Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consider my hat well and truly off,especially for stoically standing tall against near insurmountable opposition!

Flagons of Arthur all round and the pan-tangian will be over with the Ardbeg just as soon as wolfie unhands her.
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• There was a mysterious fire at the Red Lion in Crawley last night, said to be started by a fat drunk scouser brandishing a large brass Zippo lighter.

Nothing to do with me guv.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, as they say. To Mitcham, and the birthplace of the great man himself (I'm avoiding Croydon on the grounds that it's a bit rough for a delicate soul like myself).

Loads of boozers here...which one should I pick?

Comment

• Porcus, pick any one that sells alcohol but keep away from other flammable liquids, those Multiversal Olympic Zippos can be a bit temperamental when they don't get fed for a while and we don't a trail of pub burnings or they'll find us when you get here !! I'll have one of the Pan Tang Girls ready with a flagon of London Pride and 6 Boabie's Radioactive Pies for your arrival and the opening ceremony. Thingfish found another hoard of Younger's Number 3 Ale so he had another bender......Bladnoch Bess's armoured paramour is unconscious after TF knocked him over in Brooding Corner when he crashed the scooter ( again !!! ). At there's no damage to the Inn ...yet !!!

6 Pints of best Cruz Campo and a vat of Pusser's rum for tonight, at least you didn't manage to set the Jubilee Celebrations on fire !!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• CRASH...CRASH?? I believe the phrase we are lookin for here is "vehicle navigational malfunction" as i only had a dozen or so of those No3s!!

PV always pick the boozer that has the yodelling one-eyed french polisher hanging about outside as you are at least guaranteed a clean table!

Onwards and upwards this evening with a cheeky wee Dalwhinnie 25yo chased with a pint of St Andrews ale...
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• God save all here!

Hi folks - sorry I haven't crossed the threshold for a while. I just wanted to point out a new line that might be heading the Inn's way...

http://beerstreetjournal.com/metal-b...ches-own-beer/

The English rock band Motorhead, especially known for songs like Ace Of Spades, now has their own beer – Bastards Lager. The beer is currently making its debut in Sweden. The new rockin lager is described as crisp and slightly fruity, with a hint of citrus.

Comment

• A superb find Tom!

Needless to say that they will be on the house for yer good self as a wee welcome back pressie.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, I want some of that free beer as well, after all the hard work we do here to keep the patrons giving us all their money.....er keeping them happy until the 1st Moorcock Multiversal Olympics begin.......although Porcus hasn't been seen since the last Traveller's Inn in Scunthorpe went up in flames after he dropped the torch ( again )......the running track at the back of the Amelia Underwood conservatory is nearly finished so if Porcus arrives in time we could have Das light the torch, it'll maybe stop her bubble wrapping everything. Boabie's Nuclear Scotch Pies are on their way but we'll have to get a bigger oven as well. In the meantime I'll have some of that Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or and a flagon of best Imrryrian Sauternes....and a Pan Tang Pole Dancer as the TV's been smashed up again, ( Bladnoch Bess had a domestic with her new groom and the rest is history, like the tv ). And NO NO NO TF you CAN'T drive the scooter in the three legged event, especially after the Dalwhinnie takes effect !!! Cheers !!!

Comment

• Oops!
                  You mean those white lines were a running track!
                  I thought some of the more horticulturally minded patrons had marked out growing spots and i sort of gave them the nod to plant raspberries.
                  Easy mistake to make!
                  We need to clean the pipes again so someone has to test the new batch of scrumpy to see if its fit for the job.
                  Ok...OK...i'll do it!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Oh, mother Mary, WTF happened last night?

I'm sure I started the evening on the planned route of the Multiversal Olympics Torch pub crawl but seem to have wandered a little off track.

I'd made it as far as the Ship and Shovell at the back of Charing Cross station (recently re-opened after sewerage troubles) and was still on schedule to make it to Stratford for the opening ceremony and then, as if by magic, a man appeared.

He offered me a pierrot fancy dress costume and some pills and led me through a mysterious door at the back of the pub. I woke up this morning in the Inn at Whitewell in the Forest of Bowland (landlady, HM The Queen). The brass Zippo has been replaced by a weird gun full of needles and the barman keeps trying to convince me that the Rolls Royce Phantom IV outside is mine.

Oh well, I'll believe him for the moment and head back to the Ship and Shovell to see if I can find the fancy dress man with the mysterious door. More anon.

Comment

• Hate when that happens PV!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Very interesting PV.......i need a drink and badly, a B-52 and two repeats will do the trick.Oh...and three more of the same for my big Nameless friend, please.
                        Here's to what's left of 2012 good people...
                        (Year of the Apocalypse and all.)
                        Last edited by Kymba334; 07-01-2012, 01:49 AM.
                        Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• Is a B-52 with two repeats a B-156?

News from the Multiversal Olympics Torch Pub Crawl concerns poor navigation, further fire damage and a well earned rest.

The torch bearer (me) made it to Stratford last week, in plenty of time for the opening ceremony, only to be told by some bloke called Billy Shakespeare that it was the wrong Stratford. The ceremony is in Stratford, London, not Stratford-upon-bloody-Avon. Apparently, even an American tourist isn't stupid enough to make that mistake. Ho Hum!

After a swiftly hitched lift down the M40 and only a mildly charred lorry load of white spirit, the torch has been handed over to the appropriate authorities in the proper Stratford. It is now in the hands of the landlord of the Grey Goose in Walthamstow (who happens to be a pal of mine) awaiting the final leg to the stadium.

The torch bearer (me) has retired to Norfolk for a well earned rest and some Woodforde Wherry to calm the nerves.

The next vexing question is which of our merry band of eejits, drunks and ne'er-do-wells should have the honour of lighting the big candle thing in yer acteral opening ceremony next week. We should make a decision soon, otherwise it will default to Bladnoch Bess and Pram Thing, which would be a shame to all involved.

Comment

• Porcus, Pram Thing would eat the torch, Bladnoch Bess would hit soemone with it and Das would bubble wrap it, so they're not doing it ( also, Das is from Noo Joisey and she don't surf !!! ) . Thingfish would probably run the patrons over with the scooter while trying to light the Big Candle, I will have trouble getting out the ditch in time after that Cardhu 10 litre bottle fell off the delivery truck, I may well be sober enough to crawl out this week. So, who can we invite to do the ceremony ? We are already biting into the funds after the security company owned by .....er contracted by Thingfish told us they can't cover all the entrances and we have had to bring in Wolf Legions form Granbretan at great cost. also the management have heard that Reinart and Rothgo want to set up a multiversal burger stand in the car park for the duration of the games, so Bladnoch Bess is ready with the JCB if they trun up !!

Anyway, maybe we should have Ziva from NCIS light the torch, or one of her clones......!!!!!

Comment

• I surf the interwebs!

Just a quick howdy-do - very busy, no time to even drink!

I do, however, have time to tweak Elric on the bum...

*TWEAK!!*

*dashes out the door and runs for cover*

das

Comment

• Bejeezus Das!
                                You just gave the pasty one such an awful start that he beheaded the whole "Beesley" party who were eating Boaby's pies in the Amelia Underwood Snug Bar causing ample claret to seep into the undergrowth!!

Still,its always a pleasure to watch ya work!

I already offered Seb my services for a tenner and a years subscription of 'Beach Volleyball from above' magazine but he tried to welch me down to 8 quid mumbling on about us all being in it together or some such tosh!

Thats the Tories for ye!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X