Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You cant pay anyone now to go into Trumpton Corner these days since Elric started hanging about with the Beesleys!
    It was nice to see the prima donnas humbled tonight,it just goes to show that,like here at The Inn,all that boring tippy-tappy stuff gets you nowhere.
    So...that suit of armour has someone inside it?
    When it started to move i thought it was just my addled brain again!

More Arthurs henceforth stout yeoman!!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• [QUOTE=porcus_volans;249259]
      Originally posted by Tom Murphy View Post
      It's never too early for a good plot, especially if it involves beer.

Details are here - http://gbbf.org.uk/ - normal procedure is Wednesday night for a warm up and all day Friday, but that could be open to change if needed.

Let's see who puts their hands up to come and join us.
      Is this shit for real? I might have to come down from the colonies...I will park myself at the Wychcraft booth for 5 days and not move...

Comment

• Yeah that does sound brilliant,im seriously thinking of having a wee holiday down in the nations capital now around...say....second week in august,so i may just pop into the Wychcraft booth for a swifter or six(teen) with you Nerfherder!
        I would recommend some robust footwear and a genorous cut of trouser mind you!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, Porcus, Das et al, like they said in the mivie ; ' Houston , we have a problem !!! ' It looks like we'll have to ask Bladnoch Bess and Davina to sort out this Reinart guy who has opened a McDonalds franchise in the car park, selling those Entropy Happy Meals complete with free gifts !!! If only he had paid the licence to us we would never have to have a hit put on him......er I mean he is asked to shut up shop !!!!! The Granbretanians are queueing up for the Entropy Fries and Pan Tang sauce so we'll have to sort this , it's hitting the profits from TFs' Burned Dundee's Cakes and Boabies' multiversal radioactive pies ( we only had 11 fatalities last week and four of them was because Elric left the oven door open and some of the Pukawatchee thought it was the new sauna.....I've put up the Health and safety notice )

Anyway, time for a flagon of Fuller's London Porter while watching Reinart's burger stand suffer the wrath of the Inn girls !!!!

P.S. Negotiations are underway for the Multiversal Olympics, we are into 90% of the profits ( 0nly for the Victims of Stormbringer charity of course ) and we better keep 10% back for Mike ( if he finds out !!!! )....he did create it after all!!! Uh oh....That's Bess and Davina heading over to Reinart......more London Porter and a snifter of Stolichnaya, TF !!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Wait...you guys would have paid me to burn down the McDonald's in the car park. Well that does explain why those three warrior priests from Phum kept screaming that I stole their hit. Strange they didn't have the fore sight to check for me in the bathroom while they were putting the screws on the manager. Poor bastards. Still what was I supposed to do; those Entropy Happy Meals kept turning kids into ghouls and I got sick of hearing Teshwan telling everyone how easy it would be to ransom the parents for all their spoons. The sick spoon hoarding bastard. That guy can be a real pain in the ass. Can't fathom why I hang out with him and Nabu so much. Oh well, can't fix what's been burned to a crisp and then pissed on. Well...unless you just really believe you can.

Comment

• TF, 5 pints of Theakston's and a quart of best Scrumpy, the negotiations for the Multiversal Olympics are well underway ( You, Porcus and I are on Banker's Bonuses Small Print Page 445 paragraph 22 .....for the charity of course ). Where did the McDonald's stand go to ? Last I seen it Bess, Davina et al were standing at a smouldering pile of rubble but I thought that was just normal, especially after what happened to Trumpton corner after the Bladnoch wedding festivities . Anyway, where's that beer ??

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• The beer.....hic....i believe is......hic languishing...hic in the innards of the bar manager!
                Nevermind,i'll break out the Bladnoch 15yo.....got to keep it topical!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Three pints of your finest scrumpy and six halves of Saranac Lager in pint glasses... and HOW DARE YOU imply I am trying to get around the "no snakebite" rule, sir!!!
                  Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

• Impeccable timing Des as you ave just popped in during "International Compulsory Snakebite Week"
                    So batten down the hatches,replace the body parts in yer freezer with toilet roll and make sure you have a steady supply of whipped cream and swarfega as its gonna get tasty!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I'm there already! Let's see (checks wounds on arm) black mamba; cotton; viper; king cobra...starting to
                      weel
                      a
                      fit
                      wooooozzyy
                      Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                        Impeccable timing Des as you ave just popped in during "International Compulsory Snakebite Week"
                        How compulsory is compulsory Tom? The most adventurous I get when mixing drinks is a brown bitter, so something as exotic as a snakebite is way beyond my ken.

Oddly, I remember seeing a musical at the Everyman Theatre in Liverpool in the '80s by Brian Jacques called Brown Bitter, Wet Nellies and Scouse. I seem to recall it had at least 1 McGann and a few future Brookside stars in it.

In fact, after moments of extensive research - here's a link to it - http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Brown_...ies_and_Scouse

Maybe we could put it on and get Elric to play the lead....
                        Let me tell you a story 'bout a poor boy....

Comment

• I remember an unfortunate period in the late 80s when Snakebites were transformed into 'Green Deaths' with the addition of a dash of orange juice and a Bols Blue

(That was also the era of the 'Purple Nasty', although the recipe has mercifully slipped my memory)

Comment

• Ah the Green Death,now there was a fine civilised tipple if ever i saw one!!

This week at The Inn the compulsory snakebite has been upgraded a tad to the legendary "spleen shudderer".
                            Its quite possible to survive 5 or 6 but keep the Immodium handy and please,PLEASE keep away from anything of the canine persuasion!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Blushing, Sparrow - what about the BLUSHING??!!!

*hic*

das

Comment

• I think I'll stick to baser taps, a guinness if you will. Perhaps somthing salty and cut from a pig to accompany it. So many things I don't know about in this world; talk of Snakebites and Green Deaths are bit beyond me. Perhaps I am better off as their are more folks laying around the bar stools crying for mercy then sitting on the bar stools in a stooper. I have been wrong before though.
                                Last edited by Ziggy the Blue; 05-03-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X