Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely Kymba but as PV says it would be downright churlish to look such a gift horse in the mouth!!

More Arthurs please and triple 'Livets to keep a warm view on the situation!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Oh my...

...I can see a free lunch coming my way soon...May the Lord Forgive Me!!!!
      Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• Porcus, What a brilliant idea, we'll have the posters and the tickets printed up right away, the queues on the Moonbeam Roads will be infinite, the Holiday fund......er charity account will be bursting....we could also advertise a contest of ' Anyone who wants to throw something at Darius buy a brick here ', we'd have to get the Granbretanians to dig a quarry out the rear car park though as we'd run out of bricks quick. I've given Davina a verbal warning, she is shocked and stunned that Darius duped her so I think she'll be first up for a brick, Bladnoch Bess is about to erupt like Vesuvius in anger so it looks like it should be a good night !!! And we still don't have anyone for Santa yet !!

Anyway, I'll look forward to the shindig with a large Rusty Nail and three pints of London Pride, it's going to be a good night !!! Uh oh, the Pan Tang Pole Dancing girls have just heard about Darius, there's about to be a bit of a cat fight between them, Davina and Bladnoch Bess about who's first to rent Stormbringer for the evening when Darius shows up....I think we could sell tickets for this as well £££££££££££££ hee hee hee giggles maniacally !!!

More London Pride , barkeep !!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
          Uh oh, the Pan Tang Pole Dancing girls have just heard about Darius, there's about to be a bit of a cat fight between them, Davina and Bladnoch Bess about who's first to rent Stormbringer for the evening when Darius shows up
          My money's on Bess. I've seen her lay waste to a whole housing estate of Scouse scallies in the pursuit of a light for her ciggie so going through a team of bar room entertainers to get to Stormbringer will be a breeze.

Comment

• O Hell!!!!

Okay...I''ll do Santa ( one way or the other) this Christmas just so long as Thingfish dosen't sit on my knee...stress factors and all that.I expect some donations to my bar tab for this sacrifice ...or any others you guys wish me to perform on December the 25th. ()
            Last edited by Kymba334; 12-25-2011, 04:12 PM.
            Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

• So how is Christmas Day shaping up at the Inn?

We've got Kymba as Santa Claus, as long as TF doesn't sit on his knee, and Darius, Das and Sparra in a mock-singing contest that will inevitably end up in a bloodbath.

There are still 27 barrels of Woodforde Wherry in the cellar that the troll that lives down there and tends them with loving care has put to one side for the celebrations. I'm a bit worried about the stocks of scotch whisky so we may need to do another cross-channel run to increase our 'strictly for personal consumption' cases. And we're very low on Boabie's pies too.

Who's doing the catering? We've been a bit short of kitchen staff since Elric hit the Arthur and took a dislike to his plate of nachos. And who's going to decorate the bar? The Shankly Suit is permanently bedecked in red and white so that doesn't need any additional flourishes.

I'll have a swift hot whiskey for medicinal purposes before I settle down to throw things at the telly whilst Mrs PV watches the X Factor final.

Comment

• You're not alone PV, the Chaos Queen is watching X Factor as well, so I'm consoling myslef with a small glass of Spanish wine. Gordon Ramsay tendered for the catering this year but he's bombed out as TF would throttle him, so looks like it will be the multiversal microwave on burnout with Boabies' Multiversal Pies and chips, we've sent an order to Boaby so he's working flat out, so we should be ok. Kymba as Santa ???? She'll have to dye her beard again !!! Anyway, I'll have a large Talisker for starters......get the ditch ready !!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Might be an idea to book all the x-factor bunch so we can set the melniboneans on them for some post dinner entertainment,those industrial grade pies wont digest themselves!!
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I'm ready for this Christmas and now we have The Nameless Messenger on call should we need some extra crowd control on the day. Don't know about the survivability of those microwave pies however...
                    Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

• No worries Kymba,the pies have a half life of 2000 years!

Cheers to all here,im away to open the case of Aberlour if anybody fancies a thorough clean-out before the festivities.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Tis Christmas...

I Pray that this most special of days for all those gathered here to celebrate it at the most unique tavern in the multivese is foremost a peaceful one.
                        I'm sure that the man in the mask in the corner would agree!

For brevity's sake- just this from:

Kymba as Santa

More like Old Nick than
                        Saint Nick yet wishing ye all
                        a very Merry Christmas!
                        Last edited by Kymba334; 12-25-2011, 12:40 AM.
                        Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

• Hey Kymba, nice beard.

A bottle of Glenmorangie please, and chuck the cork away will you. I'll only have the one though. I've already had a skinfull and I'm driving to Liverpool tomorrow to see The Brother and to watch the match.

Come on you Reds!

Comment

• Tis the season to be jelly...

Uh...Thingfish,White Wolf's Son,Das,Tom...The Liverpudlian with the wings...anybody...How much longer do i need to wear this Santa Claus outfit?...It's beginning to Miff a Bit!
                            Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

• Has everybody passed out?

I need a stiff drink...or five.How much longer can this Christmas last anyway?
                              Oh...and for the record ...I love Liverpool ...for all the usual reasons, but i bet if anyone said "Nice Beard" to In Loos Ptokai they would be swiftly Nuked!
                              Mwana wa simba ni simba

Comment

• Yep ye can take it off now Kymba!
                                Chafes a bit ay?

Hope you all had a great one,it all got a bit multiversal in here so no idea how everyone ended up but why am i smelling formaldehyde in The Shankly lounge?

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X