Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinks all around for WWS's return! (of course, it's morning here, so those drinks will have to be coffee and orange juice...)

@ porcus volans - hows about a barrel of Elric? I'm sure if we smooshed him down he'd fit... though not too sure how happy he'd be once we let him out.

das

Comment

• DAS !!!!! Hiw manytimes to we have to tell you, LEAVE ELRIC ALONE !!! I know he's called the Prince of Ruins but Mike was just being nice to you when he rewrote the story and didn't say he was called that because you took Elric on a bender in Noo Joisey and he was brought back by Seaton Begg in the Wheelbarrow. Leave him to Brooding Corner for a minute or two, he's still shaking after TF sent him the bill for the lasr carnage clean up. Anyway, Four large Bowmore 21 year olds, Porcus is late with the Lagavullin, I think he's fell off the bridge into the Channel, God help us he may be a danger to shipping with all that drink !!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Will headaches never cease!

I See another fishing trip ahead of us all!!!!
        Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• It's alright everybody, I'm back safe and fairly sound.

In the particular slice of the multiverse that the Cash and Carry was residing this week there is no channel bridge or tunnel so it was a traditional ferry journey for me. Our pantechnicon was too heavy to get on the boat, what with all the bottles and kegs aboard, so a couple of the customs men and I had to set about making it a bit lighter.

We're now down five barrels of Arthur, a crate of Springbank and one of Das' barrels of whatever Elric drinks. However, we have guaranteed free passage for driver and truck for the next five years, a promise of docker Jean Paul's hand in marriage for anyone that wants it and I can now speak a smattering of drunken French.

So it wasn't all bad.

Comment

• Porcus, The Pan Tang Girls want to go on the training course for French, they reckon it will come in handy the next time D'Averc goes mental on the dance floor. A case of Springbank lost !!! I'll be in detox for weeks !!! TF, better get the emergency Johnnie Walker Red Label out, also Porcus, that's the last time you get sent on a mission and fail to return with any Boabie's Nuclear Pies for the patrons here, if we don't get shipment soon Ramsay might turn up again and we'll have to ask TF to sort him out again !!! Get that Johnnie Walker on the table, TF, and fill your glass !!! Oh no.....Das has got that bubble wrap out again, somebody get Elric into the police box !!!

Comment

• You mean you didn't find the pies when you unloaded the truck, Woolfie? That means you probably didn't find the Albanians either. Oh crap!

Check behind the false wall immediately at the back of the driver's seat. You should find three charming Albanian gentlemen, Sasha, Samson and Johannes (Samson's the bald one) and a stash of 30 dozen of Boabie's extra specials, although I fear the chaps may have eaten one or two to keep themselves from going hungry.

I figured we could use the Albanians as security guards. We've been short of a few since the last time Das did her bubble wrap act and used a couple as glamourous assistants. I chose not to ask about their fate.

Comment

Missing pies eh?...nope (cough)...haven't seen any...does anyone have any asprin i have a blinder behind my eyes that feel as though they have been brillo'd...ugh...seen better days than than this i tell you Guys!!!!
                Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• Welcome back, WWS! Go easy on the Pan Tang girls - they're a bit out of practice.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Cant use that red label WW,we had to use it to get the bits out of the wall after Das brought Elric to the royal wedding,but dont fret as i have a few gallons of Eau de Poland and will make do!!
                    We...ehm....those charitable causes need some jiggerypo......erm...donations...
                    Sterling work PV,pity about them albanians they always seek out the Arthur because Norman Wisdom used to like it apparently!
                    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, The Eau de Poland will do magnificently however we have had to sack the albanians as one of them tripped over Phil the Greek who has been working as the draught excluder on the floor since the wedding and lost it completely, they tried to trash the gantry but sparrowhawk threatened to sing ( again ) if they didn't leave, so they are gone ( without severance pay,) I've put that into the Cayman Islands Fund,,,, er,,,,the charity. We are doing a blinder onthe Boabie's Pies front, Porcus did a brilliant job, the albanians only ate four of them which is probably why they went mental, they're now going at 10 Imryrrian gold pieces each, ( with chips it's extra ) and if Das stops covering them in that bubble wrap we'll sell out before the weekend !! Oh, we need more Glenmorangie ( all makes ) we've only one cellar full left since I came back !! Now I'll have A large one to keep me going and a Pan Tang girl for the ditch on the way home !

Comment

• Yeah but it was touch and go for a while there WW!!
                        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I trust that the Shankly Suite will be duly bedecked in red and white for Saturday's double header.

There's Wales vs someone or other in the RWC semi-final at 9am and then the Big One - Liverpool vs some poxy team from the wrong end of the East Lancs Rd at 12:45.

Sadly, I'll miss the former because I'll be tootling up the M6 to attend the latter.

Altogether now....Come on you Mighty Reds. Come on you Mighty Reds. Come on you Reds. Come on you Mighty Reds.

Comment

• I'll drink to that PV!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Right.... one fer the road, then off to points East fer the next two weeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai

Cheers all!
                              Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleDes View Post
                                Right.... one fer the road, then off to points East fer the next two weeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai

Cheers all!
                                These weren't the Mighty Reds to which I was referring, Des.

Have a good trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X