Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island View Post
    Ooh moy ed!
    Me too Gov,that was some coider last night.
    Never again will i..........
    Pint of scrumpy please stout yeoman
    Clink...Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

Ah thats better,ok my round whats everybody having?
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Orange juice, and an order of bangers and mash, please (it's breakfast time here).
      Ani Maamin B'emunah Sh'leimah B'viyat Hamashiach. V'af al pi sheyitmahmehah im kol zeh achake lo b'chol yom sheyavo.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Phillip K. Dick

Comment

• Coming right up Kyrinn
        Bangers and Mash now thats a fine hearty breakfast,and maybe a small splash of Stolichyna in that orange juice to kick start your day perhaps
        Dont forget to pop back later i managed to get Ian Anderson to come along and do a wee solo spot in the lounge just for yer good self

Click..Whirrr..Welcome to Machine-Pink Floyd

Ahhhhhh!!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• It would have to be Victory Vodka, alcohol makes me suicidal.

Yay on the Ian Anderson!
          Ani Maamin B'emunah Sh'leimah B'viyat Hamashiach. V'af al pi sheyitmahmehah im kol zeh achake lo b'chol yom sheyavo.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Phillip K. Dick

Comment

• That's it...lets all have a good cry in our beer whilst listening to Rock & Roll Suicide.
            All this Sat. afternoon matinee needs now is some pickled eggs and a salt shaker.

Comment

• Ka-Ching!

.zZ~"Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young To Die"~Zz.

Comment

• Coider me up, fingfish. A bit more.

An Oi'll ave summer that vodker unall, Kyrinn, if thassall roight?

Whens Pamaler Anderson singing? He did say Pamaler dinny? No! It wa rIun Aaanderson, wunnit? Izzy bringin is flute?

Bitter Wolfmother on the owed Jukebox till then.

click > 'WOMAN' < whirr

What appened to that Pietro Mercurios feller? Typical West Country lanlord, they never stay round fer long.
                You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Yer in luck Gov,the new coider supplies just arrived at the backdoor.
                  Lets mash it up!!
                  Pamela's spot is tomorrow afternoon,she says shes bringing her cape and wellies and some fresh stilton so should be a half decent turn!!
                  Thats the Victory stock in too Kyrinn so you're sorted
                  VG-Pickled eggs!-You Beauty
                  Im goin to stagger over to the well stocked Juke box and stick on Jah War by The Ruts
                  Slainte

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Is it me or is the air a bit thick in here? Oh, it's the pickled egg reaction, someone open a window fer gawd's sake!
                    As the coider's on tap I'll have a snakebite please barman, mmm Tennants super lager and scrumpy - you know it's a bad thing but you just gotta have it!
                    I've got a spare 50p for the jukebox, aha - "I got a brand new combine harvester" by the Wurzels. that'll do nicely.
                    He's well smoked

Comment

• Sorry about the air Kip,we're burning a few celebrities round the back,feel free to feed the fire
                      Tennants Super,the thinking mans champagne as it gets called in these parts
                      I would put something on the Jukebox but how can you possibly follow The Wurzels

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                        Sorry about the air Kip,we're burning a few celebrities round the back,feel free to feed the fire
                        Tennants Super,the thinking mans champagne as it gets called in these parts
                        I would put something on the Jukebox but how can you possibly follow The Wurzels

How about Jethro Tull and 'Heavy Horses'?

"Iron clad feather feet, pounding the dust
                        an October's day, towards evening.
                        Sweat embossed veins standing proud to the plow,
                        salt on a deep chest, seasoning.
                        Last of the line at an honest days' toil,
                        turning the deep sod, under.
                        Flint at the fetlock, scraping the bone.
                        Flies at the nostrils, plunder.
                        The Suffolk the Clydesdale, the Percheron vie
                        with the Shire on his feathers, floating.
                        Hauling soft timber into the dusk,
                        To bed on a warm straw coating.

Heavy horses, move the land under me
                        Behind the plough gliding --- slipping and sliding free.
                        Now youre down to the few
                        and there's no work to do,
                        the tractors on its way.

Let me find you a filly for your proud stallion seed
                        to keep the old line going.
                        And well stand you abreast at the back of the woods,
                        behind the young trees growing.
                        To hide you from eyes that mock at your girth,
                        your eighteen hands at the shoulder,
                        and one day when the oil barons have all dripped dry
                        and the nights are seen to draw colder.
                        They'll beg for your strength, your gentle power.
                        Your noble grace and your bearing,
                        and youll strain once again to the sound of the gulls,
                        in the wake of the deep plough, sharing.

Standing like tanks on the brow of the hill.
                        Up into the cold wind facing.
                        In stiff battle harness, chained to the world,
                        against the low sun racing
                        Bring me a wheel of oaken wood,
                        a rein of polished leather.
                        A heavy horse and a tumbling sky,
                        brewing heavy weather.

Bring a song for the evening.
                        Clean brass to flash the dawn.
                        Across these acres glistening,
                        like dew on a carpet lawn.
                        In these dark towns folk lie sleeping
                        as the heavy horses thunder by.
                        To wake the dying city
                        with the living horsemans cry.
                        At once the old hands quicken ---
                        bring pick and wisp and curry comb ---
                        Thrill to the sound of all
                        the heavy horses coming home.

Iron-clad feather-feet pounding the dust
                        an octobers day, towards evening.
                        Sweat embossed veins standing proud to the plough,
                        salt on a deep chest, seasoning.
                        Bring me a wheel of oaken wood,
                        a rein of polished leather.
                        A heavy horse and a tumbling sky,
                        brewing heavy weather.

Heavy horses, move the land under me.
                        Behind the plough gliding --- slipping and sliding free.
                        Now you're down to the few,
                        and theres no work to do,
                        The tractors on its way."

Very rustic....
                        He's well smoked

Comment

• Rustic indeed Kipper!!
                          Thats a lot of lyrics there,you must have some memory but that can be easily sorted with just a few pints of the house Scrumpy
                          Did you catch any of Ian Andersons set t'other night?
                          He was the star turn in the lounge during Govs now infamous 'scrumpy night'

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• The missis is still a bit off wi'me after that scrumpy night. Reckoned Oi kep elbowin er in bed, which Oi knowsa lie, cos Oi couldn't move.

Fingy, tell Iun he cn ave is flute back. Oi managed to get it out me nose, an Oi let one of the cats lick it clean.

Always good to hear the Wurzels, Kipper, and Oi never knew Jethro Tull sang songs about ploughing. (Oi knew 'em when they were 'Jethro Toe' y'know.)
                            Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 07-15-2008, 11:46 AM. Reason: Missed afew words that needed dialectalising
                            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island View Post
                              (I knew 'em when they were 'Jethro Toe' y'know.)
                              lol. That used to be a rare gem of esoteric knowledge, but I figger' this iterwebby may have made short order of that fact. Funny misprint on that vinyl.

Comment

• Oi useter be a mad vinyl acumerlater, so Oi was a regliar buyer of Record Collector magerzine. That were one of the more notable and famous collecterbulls. Course, that bloody eBaze made the prices go down. They put em on there now, steada takin em down the carboot sales in me bottom field.

Comment

Working...
                                X