Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're dead right, TF. I think the waiters would go on strike before serving it to customers.

At the GBBF with Tom and Kevjo the other week I was all ready to patronise a Liverpool brew until the brewer admitted that Elderflower was not the name of the brewery but the contents of the beer.

I was forced to drink something from Yorkshire to get over the shock!

Comment

• Hope it wasn't that stuff they make in Yorkshire that tastes like ginger beer.
      Had a pint of it when i was in York last week and i needed six Arthurs just to get rid of the aftertaste!!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• We've got to get the waiters some of these!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...ile-drunk.html

Comment

• Gods of Grobbulknakka! How many fraktillating pages does this thread have? Is it meant to be quasi infinite or somethin'? Careful,if it gets too big it might end up like the tree at the top of the Kakatanawa longhouse; representing t'multiverse!
          "Mud and voles for my Lord Arioch!"
          Elric by the Riverbank

Comment

• pfffttt... that's nothin'...

Just wait til the band kicks in

Comment

• In the words of Joliet Jake, 'The band! Jesus H God Bastard Christ, the band!'

I'd do some arab springs down the aisle of the office but my boss thinks I'm working. And I'd probably break my back. And the floor boards.

Welcome back Kat.

Comment

• t'is good to be back

soooo... what's a lass gotta do to get a drink 'round here? Throw knives? Dance on tables? Find a wheelbarrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kat View Post
                  t'is good to be back

soooo... what's a lass gotta do to get a drink 'round here? Throw knives? Dance on tables? Find a wheelbarrow?
                  yes. nice wheelbarrow. what can i get you?

Comment

• found it just outside with a pair of shoes. I take it someone else touched that button again

as for me, I've been hittin' the wine lately...

Just don't tell TF. He'd think I've gone soft

Comment

• Originally posted by Kat View Post
                      t'is good to be back

All three of course Kat!
                      Will let you off with the wine Kat as long as theres copious amounts!!
                      Welcome back!!
                      I'll line up some Lagavullins just in case!
                      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• apply some cream to that and it's a deal

last time I threw a knife, someone got all excited and ...well... we need not mention *that* incident again, do we....?

Copious amounts, as always TF

I've even been given the OK by the Dr to do so... apparently I'm meant to lessen my pain meds tho...

pfffttt... Drs... trying to ruin my fun

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                          I was just indulging in a 16-year old Lagavulin. Wonderful stuff!

das

Comment

• Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                            Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                            I was just indulging in a 16-year old Lagavulin. Wonderful stuff!

das
                            Too much scotch can mess up your punctuation.

Comment

• God save all here!

Sorry I haven't been around the Miscellany much for the past few weeks - I've been up to ^here^ with other stuff.

Anyway, I'm likely to have a wee bit more time on my hands after this week, so there'll be plenty more virtual froth-blowing and talking of toot

I'll launch the session with one of these:

Comment

• "talk of toot" ....?

dare I ask or should I leave my imagination play with that a bit? :P

Comment

Working...
                                X