Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We used to play a drinking game as students. We would watch Dallas and every time someone had a drink we would all have to down whatever we was in our glass. It got a bit hairy whilst S'wellen was on the bottle but was always good for a laugh.

Can you think of a Moorcock Inn equivalent? Every time Das falls off the bar perhaps. Or each time Pram Thing eats another waiter.

Answers on a postcard please.

In the mean time, as I'm in the family retreat in Norfolk, I'll have a pint of Woodforde's Wherry and a large 18yo Macallan to keep it company please.

Comment

• PV, drinking games eh?
      Oh now I always ended up in trouble indulging in such liquid misadventures...

Given that I am working early tomorrow I reckon I will head off to the snug with my Guinness for a relaxing evening

Comment

• I think you would definitely have to be pished to make it through a whole episode of Dallas!!
        I think i'll join PV in the Macallan before nipping into the snug to join HM for an Arthur or six!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• MMmmmppphh...pop! ban g!!! Ach, finally !! I know I have been away for a good while, however I took a trip over to Florida via New York and ended up having to clear the whole of Goddamn Noo Joisey up and burst all the bubble wrap. Yeah, Das struck again !!!! Some Manhattan residents complained as they liked it when Noo Joisey was quiet under all that wrap but I had to take the Chaos Queen, Chaos Twins, Xiombarg Junior, et al down to Florida so I had to clear it up however on the way back she had done it again, I have just managed to get out of the stuff but Queens and Hoboken are now goners....we'll really have to stop her when she's on the Imryrrian Lager !!!

Porcus, the royal wedding is still on, I spoke to Ms. Middleton the other day and she confirms the dates, so we need to clear up the blood from the Shankly suite after TF's last temper fit when he used Pram Thing to clear the place. Bladnoich Bess and Davina are booked for the cabaret, Das has asked to do her ' pop the wrap ' raper thing but that is NOT on.

Anyway, I have brought a container load of Glenmorangie La Santa to the Inn tonight, so the whisky's on me ( and TF !!! ).

Das...no....put the bubble wrap down, lethal weapons are NOT allowed in here....DAS!!! DAaaaaggggghhhhh mmmmmppphhhh!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Welcome back WW!!
            Looking forward to the Windsors bash but im not sure they should be!
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• time to bring out the scrumpy and then wake up in the spring/summer depending on strength of brew and whats on at the local cinema
              come to the dark side we have cookies

Comment

• The house scrumpy should fit the bill nicely Toot,you might be blind until mid april but thats the added Brucie Bonus!
                Im kicking back with a gill of Ardbeg!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Good to see Woolfie back.

I shiver every time an ebay bought piece of crockery arrives encased in bubble wrap. It brings back unpleasant memories of Das and BB backing me into a corner in the Shankly Suite whilst I was distracted by re-runs of King Kenny's wonder goals. It took me a whole two days to escape from the dreaded bubbles. by which time Woy had resigned and Kenny was back in the hot seat (soccer reference, folks).

Comment

• God save all here!

A bottle of Racer 5 if you please, Good Landlordian - and a glass of icy water: I've somewhat overdone it on the ukulele practice and my fingertips need dipping.

On the plus side, I can now play most of The Passenger and various bits of Foundations by Kate Nash, which helpfully sticks to the chords I know.

(Can I have a two-bob bit in the change for the jukebox, so I can nip back to the Blackpool Winter Gardens, 1937, to see how George Formby did it)

Comment

• Ah..back to see the original axe hero Tom!
                      Two-Bob coming right up!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, Let's book Tom's Ukelele opus for the Royal Wedding, that should really drive Phil The Greek bonkers, although we'll have to watch Bladnoch Bess and Davina don't get into another cat fight, the last one lasted four days and we had to rebuild the place twice. I'm putting a motion to the administrators of the Multiverse to have all Bubble Wrap and rabbits banned, poor elric still hasn't still recovered from Das's last assault. As for her ' rap ' it's still not on as it's just a ruse to cover the whole Inn in the dreaded Bubble Wrap while she kids on she can sing. The Deep Thick are booked in as the main attraction while they remain sober, so we better have the wine vats filled again. We also need to have a Nihrain steed readyin case Ms. Middleton sees sense and decides to run off with Thingfish or somebody else into the Middlemarches !! Until then, the La Santa's finished so I'll have a go at the House Ale and a large Purple Towns brandy !!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• WWS - I must ask for the snug at least to be free from any chatter or mere mention of 'that wedding'. However, Tom is welcome to bash out some chords on the Ukelele regardless

I'll join you in a few jars of the house ale, sounds just what the (Rock) Doctor ordered to get the weekend off to a good start.

Have a great weekend WWS and the rest of you Dear Fellows!

Cheers

Comment

• Tom's ukelele could be a problem Woolfie. Phil the Greek might get it into his domed head that it's a bazouki and start that arms-round-the-shoulders-looks-like-a-jewish-wedding-but-it's-greek-really dancing. That in itself is not a problem but he tends to move on from it to plate smashing and then, if left to his own devices, donkey bothering.

I'm not sure the Inn's license renewal submission could gloss over an incident of that nature, particularly at a royal wedding of such high profile.

I'll ponder an alternative over a pint of Arthur and a large Tamdhu chaser.

Comment

• Ah...doesn't the world just love a donkey botherer!
                              Heres wishing you fine folk a kickin' weekend.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
                                Tom's ukelele could be a problem Woolfie. Phil the Greek might get it into his domed head that it's a bazouki
                                I'm thinking of trading up to a balalaika for my birthday. Then the fireworks will really start...

Comment

Working...
                                X