Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
    Only 9 days until The Bards birthday and Scotlands biggest annual pish-up!!
    Nearly time for this lad to put in another appearance...

Last edited by Tom Murphy; 01-16-2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Thats just a crime against nature Tom!
      Wheres the offal....and the bits off the floor.........
      And the fried Yorkie Bar sticking out of it?
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• You might want to bookmark this for future reference TF

Comment

• When i take over and make us a republic Waitrose are the first up against the wall!
          I dont see the word 'neep' mentioned once!
          Im off to see my analyst!
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I stumble into town, just like a sacred cow Visions of swastikas in my head, Plans for everyone. It's in the whites of my eyes. ...as you can see I probably have a bad case of Jetlag...and probably booze is not the best to counteract the affects of only sleeping 5 hours in the last 36 nevertheless I fully intend to toast my return to Decrepit Blighty with a nightcap of a blatantly strong Irish Coffee!

Comment

• And rightly so HM!
              Welcome back to gods own ma man.
              I'll toast your return with a wee goldie or four of Aberlour

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Cheers TF. Now Aberlour is indeed a tasty wee dram. Co-incidentally I took a bottle of that stuff out to Mexico and it was quickly wiped out at the party a week last Saturday...a welcome liquid ambassador for Old Caledonia.

Comment

• I bet it was Haggis!
                  Funny how our best ambassadors seem to come in bottle form

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Well I've brought round a few bottles of this Mexican brewed Stout, and rather tasty it is too.
                    Anyone for a late Sunday refreshment?

Salud!

Comment

• Presumably the guy on the label has a basket on his head because he's been over indulging in the contents of the bottle.

Comment

• ...and probably accounts for his ears too

Comment

• Count me in fellows as long as i get to pair them up with some Glenlivets!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• A stout and a whisky is as fine an evening combination as you are likely to find. Cheers TF

Fancy a Monday half-gill of a nice wee single malt?
                            I am setting a few glasses of Scapa 16 yo?

I'm tempted to utilise the Morphail 2 jukebox for a trip back to the Stafford Bingley Hall on 26th July 1980 for the Over The Top Heavy Metal Brain Damage Mayhem Party, Motِrhead headlining, Saxon, Girlschool, Angel Witch, Mythra, Vardis and White Spirit. Ticket was as I recall £4.50 - all that noise for less than a fiver!

Comment

• Nice one HM,a wee Scapa is just what the doctor ordered!

Way to utulise the M2 btw.
                              Old Brannart would be proud
                              Think i'll use it after you for Sabbath at the glasgow apollo on the paranoid tour 1971

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• If good old bm would like to lend me his magical box for a while i'll head back to the liverpool empire in 1978 to my first ever gig. 12 years old and lucky enough to see ac/dc on the let there be rock tour.

Comment

Working...
                                X