Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just stumbled into the Inn for a quiet drink and to toast the good news about Mike's successful surgery!
    A fly pint of Guinness and the stout is on me tonight dear fellows

Comment

• I will definitely raise my glass to that toast Haggis!
      Slainthe
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• God save all here!

Can't stop - just nipping in for a quick one en route to Paddington. We're heading to Weston-super-Mare for the weekend to help with our godson's 7th birthday party, so need something hoppy to stiffen the spirit.

Have a good weekend!

Comment

• Sounds like you will be kept on your toes Tom!
          Speaking of Hoppy,The Inn just took delivery of a barrel of Macaulays Black Diamond and the first couple of rounds are on the house!!
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Have a good weekend Tom

I'm glad to have dropped by TF that Black Diamond is just what the Doctor ordered...a fine way to kick off the weekend. I reckon I'll hang around the Inn for a while, maybe indulge in something on the Morphail 2 jukebox - back to 1979 and the Motِrhead Bomber tour. Have a great weekend dear fellows

Comment

• Now thats putting the old Morphail to good use if ever i heard it Haggis!
              Im thinking of checking out the UFO '78 US tour after maybe 6 Fowlers Wee Heavy's with 6 Ardbegs to keep them company!
              Are you still in Mehico HM?
              Have a kickin' weekend ma man!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• 78 UFO at the peak of their powers!!

You're burning the midnight oil TF...I'm still in Mexico and 6 hours behind Caledonia timewise

And talking of time, it's time to sample some tequila, I've a bottle of aged Hornitos with Sangrita if you fancy a tipple TF

Have a great weekend my friend

Comment

• Hud me back!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• [QUOTE=HaggisMeister;220229]And talking of time, it's time to sample some tequila, I've a bottle of aged Hornitos with Sangrita if you fancy a tipple[\QUOTE]

Now there's a bevvy I just don't get. I've had tequila a few times, I've even propped up a tequila bar called La Perla in Covent Garden and been fairly wellied on the stuff. But I still don't get it. It doesn't taste of much, even the supposedly top stuff, and it's not really a relaxed sipping drink. Maybe it's just me....

However, in the spirit (boom boom!) of comradeship I'll join you both in a quick shot or two.

Comment

• Ah but the secret for me is to sip a decent Tequila with perhaps an equal glass of sangrita. Mind you some tequila just bloody burns! ;)

I'm on the lighter stuff given that the Sun is not yet over the yard arm here...

..Flor de Caٌa rum - I got a liking for this Nicaraguan sugar juice when I worked in Cuba many years ago, so in the spirit of refreshment I've plonked (pun feebly) intended a bottle down on the bar for all to sample this fine Saturday.

Comment

• That sounds like an excellent plan Haggis!!
                        I love tequila especially Patron Gold and Don Agustin.
                        Tonight i will be mainly drinking bottles of Abbots ale and Balvenie.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I've just returned to Moorcock Inn after attending a small refreshment with friends and family here, and to celebrate I've brought a bottle of Tequila, a new discovery on my part, labelled Alacran - somewhat tasty. Free case to all who enters the Moorcock Inn this weekend

Comment

• A CASE of Tequila?
                            Young man,i salute your generosity and take my place at the bar!
                            Just got back from the '76 Thin lizzy gig at the Hammersmith Odeon and am feeling a tad parched!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I had a couple of biertjes earlier on, but tonight, for it is not yet dawn, I am strictly a Cape red sort of a guy. I'm looking forward to the 25th, though, when I'll be opening my New'rday bottle of Black Grouse, for a wee deoch an' doris, to celebrate the Bard's birthday.

You're all welcome to join me.

Comment

• Count me in Pietro!
                                Only 9 days until The Bards birthday and Scotlands biggest annual pish-up!!
                                I've not got my carry out in yet(probably because it wouldnt last til then!)but im thinking about Isle of Jura this year.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X