Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HaggisMeister View Post
    I've been absent from the Miscellany for a while so I'm in need of a good drink and propose a round to all concerned, mine's a Old Pulteney malt whisky.
    Slainte!
    Ahh...you're twisting my arm now Haggis,but if you are breaking out the Old Pulteney count me in!!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Thingfish and Porcus_volans...you are most welcome...

...actually went down to the supermarket near here this afternoon, and found some bottles of 'draught' Guinness...a rarity in most quarters here in Mexico...so I'm cracking open a bottle of the black stuff as I scribe this latest toast in the Moorcock Inn!

Cheers!

Comment

• Sounds like a plan HM,i have a few in the fridge!!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Thanks TF - I have to say that I'm delighted to have found bottles of 'draught' Guinness here in Mexico, so much so that I have just cracked open another (medicinal purposes only you understand). In actual fact I blame the comfortable surroundings here at the Moorcock Inn

Comment

• Yeah Haggis the spongy floor in this fine establishment is very condusive to staggering about after a skinful of Arthur!
            In fact i think we should hastily make a dent in the case of Bunnahabhain that has just been left on The Inn doorstep!!

Slainthe

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF - it would be a shame to let that Malt go to waste eh?
              Slainte!!!

Comment

• It would be just plain churlish not to HM!

Have you checked out the new Morphail 2 jukebox at the bar Haggis?
                Instead of just playing the songs it transports you to the tour of whatever album the track is off!
                Vorsprung Durch Multiverse!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• And what a wonderful Jukebox that is - I've wasted no time in jumping to Hawkwind in 1972 on A Space Ritual tour naturally of course!!!

But before I 'leave this place' I've slid another Arthur Guinness across the bar your way

Comment

• A gesture well appreciated!!

Enjoy the gig,im off to the Rush Permanent Waves tour!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• It's getting a bit heated round in the lounge so I'm retreating to the snug for a bit of peace and quiet while I finish my sudoku

Along the way, I'm slipping two bob into the now legendary jukebox and slipping off to see David Bowie at the Greyhound in Croydon (Ziggy Stardust tour - June 72)

Comment

• That sounds great Tom,heres two and six could you get me a T Shirt?
                        Im just putting the finishing touches to the industrial strength scrumpy for happy hour!
                        But first im using Brannarts fine invention to check out King Crimson on their Starless and Bible Black tour at the Glasgow Apollo.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I'm joining Haggis for the 1972 Space Ritual gig - Liverpool Stadium of course.

That will be followed by a trip to Berlin for Barclay James Harvest on the steps of the Reichstag in 1980 and then a bit further back for Zeppelin at Knebworth in '79.

Comment

• Watch you dont overuse the M2 PV,it can be temperamental, you may find yourself on the steps of the Reichstag with zeppelins flying overhead !!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Or Lemmy beating up Robert Plant in the boxing ring at the Liverpool Stadium.

I'm off the beer to lose a pound or two so I'll have to have a large chardonnay in one of those glasses that's narrow at the top and wide at the bottom and holds a bottleful. I think it's called a bottle.

Comment

• I wouldn't fancy his chances if it was Peter Grant mind you!
                                Dont worry PV,Morphails working on Calorie Free Guiness as we speak!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X