Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone rustle me up a hot toddy? (Just got back from a freezing afternoon at Selhurst Park - the home of football!)

Comment

• GAUN THE EAGLES!!
      You brave,brave man Tom!
      Hot toddy coming right up!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• But I like bubble wrap.

In other news, I just had a Guinness, with nachos (chicken, black beans, tomatoes, cheese over nachos, with a side of guacamole)! I feel like I weigh a TON!

(But it WAS soooo good! )

das

Comment

• I was supposed to be going out for a drink, tomorrow, in Leiden. A place which still has the sort of drinking establishments Professor van Helsing might have frequented, had he really attended Leiden University. Unfortunately, my drinking companion has come down with flu. So, it's cheap red wine from the Cape, for me tonight an the Rolling Stones on the telly.

Comment

• That does not sound like a bad plan though Pietro!

Das,i think more of us should get in touch with our Mexican/Irish side from time to time!
            Think i'll take advantage of being snowed in again to vigorously thrash a bottle of Isle of Jura!!
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I'm gravitating heavily towards spending some serious listening time in the company of Ms Faithfull. It could be a shot of the Jimmy under stairs for me, tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                ...Das,i think more of us should get in touch with our Mexican/Irish side from time to time!
                How's about Mexican/Scottish??

das

Comment

• That was absolute quality Das!
                  Never mind Boabys pies,thats boiled haggis and nachos top of The Inns menu now!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Och! Aye! Caramba!

Comment

• Sword & Sorcery followed by a port and lemon :) dont want too get too drunk

Comment

• I'd be wary of the Sword and Sorcery's Bodda,after three or four of them you usually find yourself with a weird soul-sucking appendage following you about!
                        Welcome aboard!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I'd be wary of the Sword and Sorcery's Bodda,after three or four of them you usually find yourself with a weird soul-sucking appendage following you about!
                          Welcome aboard!
                          TF, Can you PLEASE PLEASE tell Das she's NOT supposed to put the whole Mexican dish into the Guiness, the froth alone is clearing the blood out of the carpets after Bladnoch Bess had another waiter for a snack ( yeah, we have another vacancy !! ). I think we'll have to research into Ms. Middleton's background before the royal Wedding as she says we won't need to provide any toilets ( except for Phil the Greek and he can use the police box so Davina can knock him out !!! )....I hope there's no Melnibonean in her as Elric couldn't stand the strain of being related to the Buck House lot.....Also Ramsay has tried to get the Chef's job back again, I've sent Sparrowhawk to hurl abuse at him and read the entire pathologists report to him she did after the last massacre in the Cornelius suite, that should stop him.

Anyway, I'm not snowed in here, it's just pouring rain, so as I'm stuck here, the Yukon Jack is taking a pounding...hic !!! Get the ditch ready, it feels like home now !!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Hoi!
                            I just tidied up that ditch after yer previous exploits WW!!
                            Rain!
                            I remember that!
                            Gonna have to start on the special re-inforced mead to warm my cockles!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Gonna have to start on the special re-inforced mead to warm my cockles!
                              TF, I've often found that a pair of fur lined y fronts are more effective, if a little less entertaining.

Woolfie, I thought we'd all agreed not to refer to Elric's dislike of blood relations with the royal family. His trip to Paris on the night of THAT car crash has so far gone unnoticed by the authorities.

Comment

• I've had to use mine as ear-muffs!
                                Think i'll just pour some concrete into my kecks and maintain a stiff upper lip!!
                                I thought we agreed not to mention Elrics last Paris trip.
                                Thats the cat well and truly out of the bag now!
                                Pass the Talisker.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X