Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick query - do Tennants still produce the cans with the various fruity girls on them?

Comment

• Nah,unfortunately they stopped that a while back Tom!
      But the lager is just as good!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
        Oh crap! So not only do i get to marry welsh boy to posh spice but mike's knighthood depends on me getting it right and the chaos ladies behaving themselves.

Oh well, sorry mike. It's plain old brilliant wordsmith moorcock rather than sir brilliant wordsmith moorcock. Maybe when harry gets shacked up to some axe wielding homocidal tax sponger from the lithuanian royal family you'll get your just rewards.

TF, thanks for half inching that weight lifter's bench from bladnoch bess' gym. Now i can lie down and reach the macallan tap without needing help.
        PV, How many times have you been told, DON'T mention Das's links to royalty, axes or sponges, Ms. Middleton wouldn't have a chance !! Mike may be a bit disappointed at remaining Brilliant Wordsmith Moorcock, a Knighthood might be good for him, but we'd have to ask Prince Elric to make it a Melnibonean one. Anyway, PV, get the electric shock dog collar ready ( NO NO NO DAS LEAVE HIM ALONE !!! ) phew....you'll have to practise for the ceremony, TF and I will get the Phoorn champagne out so we can charge that lot a fortune, maybe if we make a mint we could visit Mike in Texas........er I just heard he's now heading for the plane to PyongYang or somewhere nice.....he must have another engagement, oh well, maybe we could visit Buckingham Palace with Davina, Bladnoch Bess and the Granbretanian Wolf Legion, just to check the wine cellars are ok !! Das, you're NOT allowed, remember the injunction after your last ' visit ', the Duke of Embra still can't walk straight !!!

TF !!!! Have you been down here as well ????l....all the Glenmorangie's gone from Morrison's....I think I'll join Porcus on the bench, pass the pear cider while I'm waiting !!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• I sent the minions out WW,you know we have to snap up those bargains fast on our tight budget!!
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• If we're finally going to get a wedding in the inn, maybe we should dig out that truck load of Austrian wine TF ordered just before the anti-freeze scandal back in the '90s? Most of the guests will be royals from around the world so they're more than likely to be too stupid to know what they're drinking and we do need to get shot of it so that we can free up the space for Das's bubblewrap supplies.

We also need to make sure that we put away the best Scotch, we don't want Phil the Greek getting his hands on it or we'll never see it again.

TF, as Bladnoch Bess is such a well built lassie there's room for three on the whiskey bench. We've lined up a couple of gallons of Glenmorangie for you if you would like to join us. Woolfie's on the Macallan and I've moved over to the Springbank.

Comment

• Great idea PV,that Austrian grog must be pretty lethal by now.
              Two birds with one stone comes to mind!
              Im getting the multiversal joiners in to re-inforce all the benches now that we know BB will be coming.
              And count me in for The Glenmorangie bench!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                ...And could you order in a couple cases of that Predator Zinfandel das mentioned? It sounds perfectly delightful.

I went out and bought a case - 12 bottles - and all for me! I think I'm set for the winter. :)

das

Comment

• Dont you mean 'the weekend' Das?

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I thought it was "quiet night in".

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                      Dont you mean 'the weekend' Das?
                      Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
                      I thought it was "quiet night in".

I was trying to come across as a 'good girl', instead of a drunken floozy.

das

Comment

• I try that all the time Das but no-one takes any notice!

Now wheres that absinthe tap!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I think you'd have to go some TF to convince us you are either a good girl or a drunken floozy.

Just a though, but if anyone comes down to the big smoke from the grim north and lands at Euston station there's a pub just around the corner called the Bree Louise that has 16 real ales on the bar. And you get a discount if you're a CAMRA member.

I'll have a pint of Moorhouses Black Cat please.

Comment

• Worth a try PV,worth a try!
                            If i could i would be on the next train down,that sounds like my kind of shop!
                            But i'll settle for the free Lagavullin tap that i had to set up at the end of the bar!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, I 've added a MacAllan tap at the end of the bar as well, just to keep us going. I'm back in Espana and it's pouring rain, I missed all the snow ( drat!! ) but due to the rain I will have to check that the village bar is still standing, then back to The Inn for a large Glenmorangie. While in Glasgow, I watched a pipe/drum group playing in Buchanan street, called Clanadonia...they were brilliant, I bought their CD called ' Keepin it tribal ' and have booked them for the royal Wedding.....that should drive Phil The Greek mad !!!!

The Receptionist has confirmed with Ms. Middleton that the wedding is on 29 april next year, this Westminster Abbey thing is just a ruse to keep Phil the Greek happy while his brandy is resupplied. The Queen has sent a load of sherry monocles to us and has told us to leave the Pan Tang Girls alone....I've sent them back. Porcus, you have to get the vows correct but if you feed them up with TF's anti freeze, they won't know the difference !!

Das.....sorry... you can't be a bridesmaid.....we don't have enough Guiness and Dublin threatened to cut off our supply if you do that mad cocktail thing again....and LEAVE THE BUBBLE WRAP ALONE !!!!! It took us three weeks to get Elric and the rabbit out the last time, I see he's still moping in Brooding Corner, just wait until the Royals arrive !!!

Anyway, back to the Macallan tap, The Glenmorangie La Santa container is on it's way !!!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Take it you got a the pipers for a reasonable price WW!
                                Ooops!
                                Almost moved my head from the Macallan tap there!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X