Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did someone mention a pub challenge?

And you were going without me?

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• As if SH!!
      Welcome back!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post

Did someone mention a pub challenge?

And you were going without me?
        It wasn't that we were planning to go without you, Sparra, honest! It was more that we were planning to go in disguise so that you and the other Chaos Ladies would not be recognised after last year's carnage.....

Anyway, it was Woolfie what said it....not me.....honest Guv.....I was only messin'.....I blame George W Bush.....he admitted it in his new book what he wrote.....a big boy stole it and ran away.....the dog ate it......oh, God....am I really in trouble?

Barman, get that nice lady whatever drink she wants!

Comment

• Heya, guys...

Just discovered a very tasty [red] Zinfandel called Predator. It's an old vine zin (2008 Lodi appellation), and just about the best darn wine I've had in ages! But it's a guzzler, so I have to be careful, lest I drink the entire bottle in one sitting.

das

Comment

• Perhaps I misheard you, PV, but I could have sworn that you said "bellatrix contingent" Well, since you're buying, I think a glass or three of really good vintage port will soothe my ruffled feathers and all will be forgiven. But I will be having a little chat with WWS later, once I can disentangle him from those Pan Tang floozies.

It's nice to be back, TF. I was wandering on the Moonbeam Roads and got a bit lost for a while. I'll just settle in here in a nice cozy chair by the fire.

And could you order in a couple cases of that Predator Zinfandel das mentioned? It sounds perfectly delightful.
            Last edited by Sparrowhawk; 11-14-2010, 11:16 AM.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• SH, the Predator vintage sounds just appropriate for Das and you, after last years' mayhem. Some distilleries are still burning.......and there's a lookout ( APB for the Americans ) for TF's scooter you did your invasions on. Good thing he's given it back to the NHS as now they'll never find it.

Anyway, these Ziva Pan Tang clones are amazing, although they really can hold their liquor. Every time I take one back though, the Chaos Queen does her in, hence the reason we need a weekly consignment!!!

I'm off back on the Moonbeam Roads to Sunny Scotland tomorrow for a week, so see you ( HIC !!! ) , before I go can somebody turn the MacAllan tap off, PV is refusing to pay Davina while he's on the floor and there could be bloodshed.....I'll have the Glenmorangie while I'm waiting on the Road to appear with another Ziva clone, it's either that or the ditch again !!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Where abouts in Gods Own are you headed back to WW?
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• "god's own", tf? i thought woolfie said he was going to scotland, not lancashire.

Comment

• Lancashire?
                    Thats in Wales right?

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I think Lancashire was dropped off by bin lorry en route !!! I'm going back to Glasgow for the week, to see my Mum and then some pals in the West End for a curry and some lager !!! I'm back to Spain on the 24th, just a quick visit this time, although next time I do intend to hit dundee !!!

TF, Speaking of hitting, the Inn's secretery has received an email from a Miss K Middleton, apparently she is marrying somebody called Wales next year and wants to book the entire Inn ( Shankly suite as well ) for the wedding and the reception. She would also like to have Mike as a guest and to say a few words in their honour......I think we'll tell her he's not too well just now but we could probably ask PV to do a monologue.......Boaby could do the purvey and Bladnoch Bess can bring the house down.....her prospesctive Grandad in law has apparently promised he won't bring the shotgun.......She's picked the Inn because of our reputation....she obviously doesn't know about the whisky tap and the Pan Tang Pole Dancers...and DAS too !!!! We'll not confirm until we discuss it with the clientele !!!! Until then, pass the Johnnie Walker Red Label, the whole bottle will do as it's freezing here in Glasgow!!!

Comment

• Ah i love 'the wee curry house' in that pedestrian bit off Byers road.
                        Could spend whole weekends in there!
                        Yeah lets have their reception in The Inn.
                        That way we can get the Melniboneans back to wipe the buggers out!!
                        Think of the fact-finding/cross-cultural research trips we will be able to fund after fleecing the Windsors and their ilk.
                        If you're hitting the good hill spoilt next time give me a shout and we could have a few swifters!!
                        (yep im back on the swally even though the quacks dont approve, .... em i say!)
                        Two pints of Old Tod IPA for me stout yeoman!!
                        Last edited by thingfish; 11-18-2010, 02:40 PM.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
                          I think we'll tell her he's not too well just now but we could probably ask PV to do a monologue.......Boaby could do the purvey and Bladnoch Bess can bring the house down.....
                          Ahem! Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking.....

Bladnoch Bess brings the house down every week. That's why the maintenance bills are so high. Can't we get her to do a slightly less destructive party trick for the wedding? After all, we don't want to create a scene with the attention of the world's press on us. How about that thing she does with Stormbringer and Bruce Forsyth's syrup? Or maybe she and Davina could re-create Mrs B-C's hat from Terraphiles with just their fair female forms and some bubble wrap?

Any further suggestions for wedding entertainment should be submitted via the Inn's 0845 number. Local calls cost £36m per minute, overseas calls are more expensive and SMS messages will re-bound to your mobile phone and cause it to explode (TF's trying to fix that problem).

Who turned the Macallan tap off? I was just getting settled in!

Comment

• Royal Wedding at The Inn

TF, you are exactly right, I am going to the Wee Curry shop in Ashton Lane, off Byres road, right after a couple of cold pints in Jinty McGinty's, then over to Tennents' Bar if we can still stand ! I will be back in Scotland next spring and I will give you a shout, although I dcon't think Dundee could stand two mad Multiversals hitting the town !

Porcus, PLEASEPLEASE do NOT give Das any ideas with the bubble wrap, remember the unpleasantness with Elric and the rabbit. Ms. Middleton has asked if you could perform the ceremnoy as the ArchBishop of Canterbury is not on, if not we could ask the Clapham Antichrist/Anarchist to do a quick wrap so we can get to the bar. Her future in law, the older one, called and told our receptionist and in no uncertain terms said that ' You had better bloody well have some f'/[email protected]#g sherry or else there's no Knighthood for that Moorcock guy'......we'll have Davina and Bladnoch Bess serve him....serve him right too !!!

DAs....do NOT try to look up Wales's kilt, you might get a real shock if you get bitten and if you approach him with bubble wrap...well as I said, ther last ' unpleasantness ' is on record. Their security people turned up announced to check the place over....Davina, Bladnoch Bess and the Pang Tang girls took an instant dislike to them....I think they better get some new security people ( TF we need the blood cleaned off the Cornelius suite walls ASAP !!! )

So, we had better get decorating, I'll help with one of the Ziva clones and a half price bottle of of Glenmorangie from Morrisons ( TF Get round quick, the offers still on !!! )...and a pint of best Tennents to make the night!!!!

Comment

• WHAT!!!
                              Will catch you later im off out to Morrissons!
                              Phew back again,not only did i score some Glenmorangie but got a job lot of Macallan so thats the tap back on PV!!
                              I've looked out the 'special' bubble wrap for Das that we keep in the base ment for such occasions(you know,the strange smelling batch!)
                              Hours of entertainment for ya Das.
                              The Cornelius Suite is getting painted Crimson this time to save money WW,you know the kind of tight ship we're running here.
                              Ashton Lane,thats the name i was trying to remember WW.
                              Last time i was in Glasgow i had a skinful first in that converted church at the junction of Great Western/Byers and then at the tiny wee pub at the top of Ashton Lane.
                              That SMS problem is proving to be a bugger PV,think we'll just have to go with it!!
                              Think i'll test that Macallan(just to make sure its safe you understand!)

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Oh crap! So not only do i get to marry welsh boy to posh spice but mike's knighthood depends on me getting it right and the chaos ladies behaving themselves.

Oh well, sorry mike. It's plain old brilliant wordsmith moorcock rather than sir brilliant wordsmith moorcock. Maybe when harry gets shacked up to some axe wielding homocidal tax sponger from the lithuanian royal family you'll get your just rewards.

TF, thanks for half inching that weight lifter's bench from bladnoch bess' gym. Now i can lie down and reach the macallan tap without needing help.

Comment

Working...
                                X