Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Das, you can't use mirrors on your shoes, that would mean you would be seeing two of Elric ( and anyone else who got in your way !! ) and with the amount of our whisky you can steamroller through you see two of everything already !!! Also, please please please leave the live Haggis ( plural Haggii ) alone, we need them fresh for Porcus's monster breakfast at the weekend and they also can't stand stress, so chasing them around Chef's Kitchen with a butterfly net is not on. We'll give you one at the weekend with a dash of Laphroaig on it if you really have to try them....only 50 golden Melniboneans each !!! On that note, another Ziva clone and a large Glenmorangie, Davina !!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• haggis for breakfast......i went to school with a girl whose nickname was haggis.....fit as a robber's dog she was.....hhmmmmmm

enough of that reverie. i've decided i want to meet the charming davina and shake "her" hand. anyone who can incapacitate bladnoch bess with one blow has earned a free bevvy or two.

and das, seeing double when spying up elric's kilt will only lead to disappointment when reality kicks in. now please leave the poor depressed albino alone and come and join us for a game of bingo.

Comment

• *hic!*

Just got back from a wine tasting with freeeeeeeee...I said, FREEEEEEE...cheese and other good stuff buffet! WEEEEE!!! The salsa was delish, the goat cheese with fig jelly was FANTASTIC, andIcan'trememberwhatelseIate'causeI'msortasloshed .

This is where we were: http://www.capemaywinery.com/pictures.php#

I am happy.

das

Comment

• mrs pv and i were in cape may last year. lovely place. missed the winery though, which was an unfortunate oversight. looks cool.

we were also t'other side of the bay in rehoboth beach where we discovered the dogfisah head brewery. fundamentally the same as a winery but without the complications of small glasses and food.

www, please may i have one of those proper full monty fried breakfasts with the black and white puddings AND the haggis. and a pint of arthur to put me back on an even keel.

Comment

• PV, Das let all the haggis escape, she has turned into an activist for the emancipation of Haggis, right now the Pan Tang Pole Dancers are chasing them around the Cornelius suite. I think the management will have to have a word with her, especially as Das was frequenting a rival hostelry with free wine too !!

As soon as the haggis are rounded up again and we can lock Das up in Davina's police box, we'll have Chef rustle up a monster breakfast, it's about time those haggis got the chop anyway. Bladnoch Bess has also challenged Davina to a square go in the car park tonight, the ticket sales have gone through the roof, just in time for TF and I to have that Purple Towns Cruise with the Pan Tang girls....strictly in the interests of cultural blending only !!!

Anyway, time for an original Glencoe single malt and a drambuie on the side......oh and another Pan Tang Pole Dancer, TF !!!

Comment

• Just picked up a bottle of this to drink whilst watching Davina and BB slug it out in the car park. It'll keep me warm if nothing else.

Any luck with the haggis round-up, WWS? My breakfast plate is looking a bit sparse and i'm beginning to waste away into nothing.

Comment

• you could always make fake haggisis and then make a pit trap for the little fellers wth the autumn leaves as cover for the traps
                come to the dark side we have cookies

Comment

• Fake haggis at The famed Moorcock Inn ??? TF and I are not into ripping patrons off.....er all the time.......so the only Haggis we have are real live originals....Porcus, the Pan Tang girls did a great job, all the haggis have been rounded up and the largest is in Chef's oven right now, it'll be ready for your massive breakfast tomorrow. Bladnoch Bess and Davina are still slugging it out in the car park, the Granbretanians are not too happy as a couple of their ornithopters have been trashed during the fight, it' s still an entertaining match though, we've sold more tickets than ever !!

Comment

• Lets not be too hasty WW(how much exactly for the fake hagii Toot?)
                    Ticket sales hit the roof,i think another hol...er cultural exchange trip may be in order.
                    A bottle of Berrys PV,you lucky man!!
                    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I'm off the grog during the week while I try and shift a bit of weight, but I just thought I'd stick my head around the door and say "God save all here!". I'll be back for a pint of Large later.

Comment

• Now then young tom, it doesn't matter which fictional pub you frequent, any efforts to stay off the grog or lose weight are doomed to heroic failure.

Come in, sit down, get the ale in and have a fried breakfast. Followed by a boabies pie. And then some pork scratchings, just because wws has taken against them. All washed down with a pint of arthur's finest and a large bladnoch.

Oh, and be careful with the pan tang pole dancers. They like a chap who carries an extra pound or two.

Comment

• @ porcus_volans - Wot? A fellow Moorcockian in my backyard, and I missed it??! Waaaah!!!!

A lot of wineries are springing up around here - Cape May Winery, Turdo (right around the corner, more or less), Hawkhaven (just a stone's throw up the road), and Natali (about two stone's throw away). Sometimes we just go around for wine tastings, or pack a little picnic lunch and enjoy the view over the vineyards. Of course, the wine has a little ways to go to catch up to California, but we're working on it!
                          @ white wolf's son - The thing is...that rival hostelry doesn't have Pan Tang Pole dancers...it has an all-Elric-look-a-like chorus line! Woo!!

@ thingfish - Psst! Can you help translate everything wws said?? Sometimes I don't understand 'Scottish'...

@ Tom Murphy - Watch out! WWS will pelt you with fake haggis...haggii...WHATEVER!

das

Comment

• Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

@ Tom Murphy - Watch out! WWS will pelt you with fake haggis...haggii...WHATEVER!

das
                            Duck!

Comment

• What an ignominious fate for a noble haggis.

And what's a vegetarian haggis? I thought all haggii were meat eaters.

"To market, to market when my Uncle Jim,
                              When somebody threw a tomato at him.
                              Tomatoes don't hurt me said he with a grin,
                              But this one did, it was wrapped in a tin."

Comment

• Its ok Das neither do I!!
                                I love how it says on that tin 'made with the finest ingredients'
                                Yeah it will not be long 'till all those wee hagii become vegetarians and start worrying about their bloody carbon footprint!!
                                But until then i'll have a live one(and dont cheat on those tatties and neeps!) with a triple Talisker Brown label to wash it down.
                                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X