Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Moorcock Inn

Right y'are Folks! Back by popular demand (the burning out of my cheapo, Shanghai backstreet, rip off, back engineered, sonic screwdriver and a lick of fresh paint), I give you the new Old Moorcock Inn!

The first drink is on the house and Wurlitzer jukebox selections are free (for tonight only).

Phil the (Landlord) Android, is on loan to another Forum, for a few days, so service might seem a bit slacker than usual. The Management offers its apologies for any inconvenience.

One Vodka cherry for me, please ?

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Kane
      One Vodka cherry for me, please ?
      Certainly, Morgan Kane, coming up.

And please let me pace this little bowl of extraspicy, Japanese effect, salt nibbles in front of you, at no extra cost.

Comment

Oooray! We are back here too!
        And so we can going on with "tiramisu" yeah!
        Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

thank you very much Pietro, this new inn is marvelous, much " cachet " ! ancient and cosy.

Comment

Ooh, you've redecorated. Hmm, I'm not sure the fin de siècle light fittings quite go with the faux-Kubrickian wallpaper but I like what you've done with the armchairs - very Wellesian.*

Since the first drink's on the house, a bottle of Dom Pérignon '53 if you'd be so kind. :)

*That's Orson not Herbert, btw.
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Hmmm. I like the outside very much. For now, I'll take this big, overstuffed chair to curl up in and take in the surroundings, and an Irish Coffee, please. It's only 11AM here I'm still a little groggy...
              Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
              -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                Ooh, you've redecorated. Hmm, I'm not sure the fin de siècle light fittings quite go with the faux-Kubrickian wallpaper but I like what you've done with the armchairs - very Wellesian.*

Since the first drink's on the house, a bottle of Dom Pérignon '53 if you'd be so kind. :)

*That's Orson not Herbert, btw.
                Originally posted by Madrigal Rose
                Hmmm. I like the outside very much. For now, I'll take this big, overstuffed chair to curl up in and take in the surroundings, and an Irish Coffee, please. It's only 11AM here I'm still a little groggy...
                There are a variety of bars, reflecting a variety of styles and epochs. There's even an excellent coffee shop.

So, please, take your ease.

All major credit cards accepted.

Comment

Outside is very nice, really. I like it, it remembers me the elizabethan architecture...
                  Did you see here the Capt. Quire?
                  Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Originally posted by Hieronymus
                    Outside is very nice, really. I like it, it remembers me the elizabethan architecture...
                    Did you see here the Capt. Quire?

Not yet...

Now I have to find a picture I took of the oldest tavern in Paris when I was there... 21 years ago. I don't think it was open, or I would have gone inside... the magic of old buildings!
                    Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
                    -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Ah! You've kept the inglenook, I see. Pint of your finest scrumpy please.

Oh, 'n have anyone seen Frank? Me'n Jerry want a word wiv 'im.
                      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Ill have a Caesar with double Vodka and an LSD twist. Dont be chincy with the tabasco sauce and roll the rim with METHYLENEDIOXYAMPHETAMINE. I think well be here until the wee hours.
                        Are you sure Frank's coming?

Comment

I'll take a pint of Shatner's best.

I hear tell its described as 'Like drinking the finest, most expensive bottle of wine, in the foulest, most disgusting public lavatory'.
                          Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Whew. In that case, I'll take a comfy armchair far away from the Shatner's be[a]st. :)

Not much of a drinker since I mislike the taste of alcohol, so I'll take a strawberry daiquiri. For me, it's kinda like having dessert....but with this curious effect on my sobriety, a bit hard to describe, wot's this, the ground is coming up to greet me, I wonder if it'll be friends with me--

Comment

Originally posted by Madrigal Rose

Not yet...

Now I have to find a picture I took of the oldest tavern in Paris when I was there... 21 years ago. I don't think it was open, or I would have gone inside... the magic of old buildings!
                              Just a little OT sorry
                              I'd wish say the Madrigal Rose shots are great! Compliments!
                              End OT

And where you see Jerry tell him to have with him his needle gun to fire Kirk ( or as he is also known as William Shatner )
                              Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Working...
                              X