Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Which people in reality would you like to meet? (Your top 5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which people in reality would you like to meet? (Your top 5)

Inspired by Yolanda's thread.

What are the top five people (alive or dead*) would you like to meet?

(*assuming we could meet the person while they were still alive by magical means or time travel)

Please list your reasons if you want. :D

Because this is the Miscellany, I will say, please list your top five besides Michael Moorcock. :D Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Rudyard Kipling
    2) James Butler "Wild Bill" Hickok
    3) President General George Washington
    4) Arthur C. Clark
    5) General John "Blackjack" Pershing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is a very difficult decision, but if I had only one chance to meet them and had to choose this minute, then I would pick those five, we can expand the game later after we all pick the first five,hehe. :D

Thanks for playing and enjoy!

-Lemec

P.S. I would love to meet a bunch of regular folk who never made the history books from the various ages of the world, plus ancestors would be cool as well, religious icons would be cool to study with time travel. :D

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

I'm assuming that we can cross language and cultural barriers...

My first list (off the top of my head, and in no particular order...)

Buddha
    Jesus (or is that Karl Glogauer? :lol:)
    Newton
    Thomas Jefferson
    Karl Marx

But only if they were all together. This is my "Dinner Party Mix."

Comment

* Doc
      * LETranger
      * Etive
      * Perdix
      * DCS
      * Sting
      * Everybody else on the board
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Okay, so aside from Mike and Berry and all my other homies from this forum, I'd like to meet (in no particular order):

- Chuang Tzu (although he'd probably end up slapping me and storming out after my fifth "Yes, but what I don't understand is...")
        - Ludivine Sagnier
        - Oscar Wilde
        - Michelle Rodriguez
        - John Waters

Not the deepest of lists, I know. Tra la la la... :)
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Just 5 off the top of my head...

Charles Darwin
          Galileo
          H. G. Wells (and I have Michael and Dancer's at the End of Time to blame for that one...)
          Phillip K. Dick
          Thurston Moore (kind of met him a few times, but I assume this goes beyond a signature and a few words.)
          My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

After the disasterous attempt I made of talking to KT Tunstall, I'm not too sure I'd be capable of making conversation with these people but here goes.

Neil Gaiman (who was doing a book signing near to where I live but I couldn't go because of pain in the butt work)
            Brom
            Lord Byron
            Stephen Hawking
            Simon Pegg

Comment

People I'd like to meet are mostly historic, for which I'm inclined toward and all men i'd fight alongside with:

1. Alexander of Macedonia (the best of the best) :D
              2. Augustus Ceaser
              3. Ganghis Khan
              4. Attila the Hun
              5. Francis Drake

So, an adventurer, a tyrant, a conqueror, a madman and a pirate - oh, lovely company!

Comment

Six fingers on a hand, right?

Moorcock
                Peter Lorre
                Man Ray
                Yeshua ben Yusef
                Einstein
                de Kooning

or, counting on the Russian hand

Tatlin
                Matchuskin
                Tsiolkovski
                Chagall
                Tolstoi
                Sidney Riley
                "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Oooh! He cheated, sir! He cheated!

In that case I'm breaking out my reserves to block:

- Richard O'Brien
                  - Marilyn Manson
                  - Jennifer Tilly (though not if she has a pack of cards in her hands! I need that money for food!!)
                  - Joan of Arc
                  - Janis Joplin
                  "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Can't help it if I have to get gloves made special!
                    "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Roger Zelazny, David Bowie, and my mother, because I never got to chat with her as an adult. And, I think I'd like to meet my parents when they were my age or younger. And maybe many grandparents going back through time. And possibly potential future children?

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                        * Doc
                        * LETranger
                        * Etive
                        * Perdix
                        * DCS
                        * Sting
                        * Everybody else on the board
                        You already know me Berry. It's a small detail that we've never actually seen each other.

Besides, the experience (of seeing me) would be a letdown, I'm sure :lol:, and the other people on your list are far more interesting.

Comment

Would it be weird to meet one's own self?

Comment

Depends whether you're expecting it or not.

However:
                            -Jimi Hendrix
                            -Mike
                            -Lemmy of Motorhead
                            -Budda
                            and finally
                            -Elric.

Comment

I know that after about 15 minutes of putting up with my shit, we'd be on the floor going at it TOOTH & NAIL ..Of that Im Sure!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X