Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Surprise! It's a weapon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise! It's a weapon!

It is reported that 50% of people in London are worried about security and sleep with some form of self-defence to hand, for use against intruders.

http://www.jamesmcadam.co.uk/portfol.../sb_table.html

We've all seen canes that become swords and ball-point pens that fire bullets, but a table that doubles as a truncheon and buckler? That's a new one!

Anyone else got an example of a well-disguised weapon?
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

I've got a fantastic Sabatier kitchen knife collection that doubles as a lacerative/ puncturing weapon system, especially for an octopus! :D

Comment

Still don't think it would be too easy to carry down the street.

A tightly rolled Guardian used to give me at least some sense of security.

Comment

Re: Surprise! It's a weapon!

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
        It is reported that 50% of people in London are worried about security and sleep with some form of self-defence to hand, for use against intruders.

http://www.jamesmcadam.co.uk/portfol.../sb_table.html

We've all seen canes that become swords and ball-point pens that fire bullets, but a table that doubles as a truncheon and buckler? That's a new one!

Anyone else got an example of a well-disguised weapon?

That's a good one! hehe :D you would need to be a light sleeper though for that to be effective. It makes me wonder how fast someone could take that apart and be ready for combat after waking from a deep sleep. :lol:

hmm, other examples? well, there are always those blades that are concealed behind belt-buckles and knives that look like pens. ;)

those cane swords and umbrella swords seem to be the most common. I think the F.B.I. confiscated a gun made to look like a pack of cigarettes once, it was on the history channel,haha.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Not only does PWV's combo-club/ buckler have offensive-defensive potential, there's also a nice white frisbee included so that, if your diplomatic skills and empathy are up to speed, you can engage your assialant/ intruder in light banter and propose a fun half-hour out on the lawn:

"Who's there?"
          >Smack!<
          "Aaargh!"
          "Drop it, Muh Fuh!"
          "Gaah!"
          "Oof!"
          "Fuggin Bastid!"
          "Put the gun down! Aarhh!!"
          >Doof!<
          "Hey, this is silly. How about frisbee?"
          "OK"
          "Hey! This is fun!"
          "Better than drug-crazed aggravated burglary and assault, eh?"
          "I'll say! Here, catch!"
          The End

Comment

:lol:

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Presumably the table could be modified to form a runestaff/chaos shield combo, but the room in which it was kept would have to have matching decor. So as not to arouse suspicion...

Comment

I think if they installed them in a lot of pubs, closing time could be a lot more entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever The Stranger
                  Presumably the table could be modified to form a runestaff/chaos shield combo, but the room in which it was kept would have to have matching decor. So as not to arouse suspicion...
                  Yes. Practical, but ugly. You'd have to cover it with some sort of antimacassar. Possibly, a paisley patterned tablecloth, made from Kevlarâ„¢. It could double as a bullet proof poncho.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules
                    I think if they installed them in a lot of pubs, closing time could be a lot more entertaining.
                    :lol: Quite right. Though no one would want to use the bucklers on account of all the chewing gum and other nasty things stuck to the underside.

Originally posted by AndroMan
                    ...a paisley patterned tablecloth, made from Kevlarâ„¢. It could double as a bullet proof poncho.
                    Bludgeon, shield, and bullet-proof poncho = instant super-hero.
                    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

It would be a bad idea to play tabletop games on this, with someone who is a sore loser.

Comment

Working...
                      X