Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Surprise! It's a weapon!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PsychicWarVeteran
    Flesh Bag of Mostly Water
    • Mar 2004
    • 2554

    Surprise! It's a weapon!

    It is reported that 50% of people in London are worried about security and sleep with some form of self-defence to hand, for use against intruders.


    http://www.jamesmcadam.co.uk/portfol.../sb_table.html

    We've all seen canes that become swords and ball-point pens that fire bullets, but a table that doubles as a truncheon and buckler? That's a new one!

    Anyone else got an example of a well-disguised weapon?
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars
  • xidrep
    Champion of the Balance
    • Nov 2004
    • 1783

    #2
    I've got a fantastic Sabatier kitchen knife collection that doubles as a lacerative/ puncturing weapon system, especially for an octopus! :D

    Comment

    • Pietro_Mercurios
      Only Slightly Unbalanced
      • Oct 2004
      • 5896

      #3
      Still don't think it would be too easy to carry down the street.

      A tightly rolled Guardian used to give me at least some sense of security.

      Comment

      • lemec
        Eternal Champion
        • Jul 2005
        • 5317

        #4
        Re: Surprise! It's a weapon!

        Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
        It is reported that 50% of people in London are worried about security and sleep with some form of self-defence to hand, for use against intruders.


        http://www.jamesmcadam.co.uk/portfol.../sb_table.html

        We've all seen canes that become swords and ball-point pens that fire bullets, but a table that doubles as a truncheon and buckler? That's a new one!

        Anyone else got an example of a well-disguised weapon?





        That's a good one! hehe :D you would need to be a light sleeper though for that to be effective. It makes me wonder how fast someone could take that apart and be ready for combat after waking from a deep sleep. :lol:


        hmm, other examples? well, there are always those blades that are concealed behind belt-buckles and knives that look like pens. ;)

        those cane swords and umbrella swords seem to be the most common. I think the F.B.I. confiscated a gun made to look like a pack of cigarettes once, it was on the history channel,haha.

        "With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

        Comment

        • xidrep
          Champion of the Balance
          • Nov 2004
          • 1783

          #5
          Not only does PWV's combo-club/ buckler have offensive-defensive potential, there's also a nice white frisbee included so that, if your diplomatic skills and empathy are up to speed, you can engage your assialant/ intruder in light banter and propose a fun half-hour out on the lawn:

          "Who's there?"
          >Smack!<
          "Aaargh!"
          "Drop it, Muh Fuh!"
          "Gaah!"
          "Oof!"
          "Fuggin Bastid!"
          "Put the gun down! Aarhh!!"
          >Doof!<
          "Hey, this is silly. How about frisbee?"
          "OK"
          "Hey! This is fun!"
          "Better than drug-crazed aggravated burglary and assault, eh?"
          "I'll say! Here, catch!"
          The End

          Comment

          • lemec
            Eternal Champion
            • Jul 2005
            • 5317

            #6
            :lol:

            "With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
            - Michael Moorcock

            Comment

            • Forever The Stranger
              Denizen of Moo Uria
              • Dec 2003
              • 109

              #7
              Presumably the table could be modified to form a runestaff/chaos shield combo, but the room in which it was kept would have to have matching decor. So as not to arouse suspicion...

              Comment

              • Jules
                Eternal Companion
                • Jan 2004
                • 609

                #8
                I think if they installed them in a lot of pubs, closing time could be a lot more entertaining.

                Comment

                • Pietro_Mercurios
                  Only Slightly Unbalanced
                  • Oct 2004
                  • 5896

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Forever The Stranger
                  Presumably the table could be modified to form a runestaff/chaos shield combo, but the room in which it was kept would have to have matching decor. So as not to arouse suspicion...
                  Yes. Practical, but ugly. You'd have to cover it with some sort of antimacassar. Possibly, a paisley patterned tablecloth, made from Kevlarâ„¢. It could double as a bullet proof poncho.

                  Comment

                  • PsychicWarVeteran
                    Flesh Bag of Mostly Water
                    • Mar 2004
                    • 2554

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Jules
                    I think if they installed them in a lot of pubs, closing time could be a lot more entertaining.
                    :lol: Quite right. Though no one would want to use the bucklers on account of all the chewing gum and other nasty things stuck to the underside.

                    Originally posted by AndroMan
                    ...a paisley patterned tablecloth, made from Kevlarâ„¢. It could double as a bullet proof poncho.
                    Bludgeon, shield, and bullet-proof poncho = instant super-hero.
                    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

                    Comment

                    • Peasily
                      Corsair of the Second Ether
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 80

                      #11
                      It would be a bad idea to play tabletop games on this, with someone who is a sore loser.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X