Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Big In Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big In Texas

WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE ADVISED TO TAKE SHELTER

To protect yourself, you need to avoid physical contact with radioactive materials and avoid inhaling them:

Stay indoors in your home, work place, or a nearby building. Once inside, do not leave unless you are told it is safe to go out or you are advised by your emergency management officials or law enforcement personnel to evacuate.

Close all windows, doors, and fireplace dampers. This keeps outside air from entering your home or work place.

Turn off any heating or cooling system that draws in air from the outside. If it becomes stuffy, use portable or ceiling fans to circulate the air inside.

If you have been outside during the period just before you were warned to take shelter, take a shower or at least wash your face and hands with a washcloth using soap and tepid water. Change into clean clothes; put the clothing you were wearing and the washcloth into a plastic bag.

Keep your radio on and tuned to one of the local EBS stations- KGNC-AM (710) or KGNC-FM (97.9). Listen for information and instructions

Begin to assemble items you may need in case you are advised to evacuate.

If you must go outdoors, cover your nose and mouth with a damp cloth to avoid inhaling any radioactive materials that might be present.

Source: BWXT Pantex Managing Emergency Events
    URL: http://www.pantex.com/ds/pxgenc3.htm
    Reference: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/35122.html
    You BBQ everything big in Texas!
    "Jerry Cornelius was based, for instance, on a young man I used to see around Notting Hill where there was also a greengrocer called Cornelius of London."

--Michael Moorcock

Hey I just moved to Texas!

crap! :lol:

As a matter of fact they just had an incident with some guy ("with a foriegn accent" - here that may be just about anyone - I'm from Ohio and they look at me funny!) taking pictures of the petro-chemical plants.

When he was approached by a guard he sped off in his truck (I think he may have shot the guard in the shoulder too - not sure).

Superbowl is here tomorrow....
    When they had advanced together to meet on common
    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Hey VW-

Congrats on your move to Texas. I also moved to Texas from Ohio (about four years ago). You've left the U.S. as you once knew it-welcome to your new nation. People are going to look at you funny for a year or two.

BTW- Everything really is bigger here.

Comment

No doubt!

I am getting used to everything being "Texas-sized". And yes, it is like a whole new country!

People in Ohio just got used to me being from New Jersey then I go and move here. Ahhhhh.

I say soda, people in Ohio say pop, what is it down here?

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Pretty much all 'soda' is referred to generally as 'coke'.

Example:

'Hey, you want a coke?'

'Yeah, sure.'

'What kind?'

'Um, Dr. Pepper.'

Comment

oh no! I was afraid I'd reach that part of the country.

It took me so long to convince Ohioans that the word "pop" doesn't show up on "soda" cans (most of the time I think). Now I will have to convince people that pepsi and mt dew are not "coke".

AHHHHHH...

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Working...
            X