Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What person in Fiction would you like to meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What person in Fiction would you like to meet?

If you could meet a person who has been in a fiction film/book/comic who would it be?

Id meet Batman, the present, serious , straight one. The real one , in short.

The thing is, the books could be sooooo wrong, and theyd be nothing like that really. They might hate the book/film/comic.

Dr. Who - bar none - ever since I was a kid, so I'd befriend him, K.O. him and steal his TARDIS - then I can meet everyone else! :D

Comment

Oooooh... good question!

After careful thought and consideration (well, no, there's no contest really) I'd say Didi from Neil Gaiman's Death: The High Cost of Living. I've been pretty much in love with his Death character since I first saw a picture of her in DC's "Who's Who" files (fifteen years ago?), and obviously the comics have only deepened my affection. She's sweet, she's funny, she has great hats, and she's the cutest goth in the multiverse. Bless her. Didi, of course, was the earthly manifestation of Death, and therefore we'd only be able to hang out for a day (and no doubt ankh-related mishaps would ensue) but it would still be totally worth it. We'd have a giggle. :)

(And you have to admit that "Didi & Dee" has a ring to it)
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Great question, Yolanda!

I might have to pick one of Mike's characters. Probably Josef Kiss. Or Una Persson if the missus wasn't around :D

Comment

Who?
          There are a million possibilities for this question...
          I say: Elric.

Rita.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
            After careful thought and consideration (well, no, there's no contest really) I'd say Didi from Neil Gaiman's Death: The High Cost of Living. I've been pretty much in love with his Death character since I first saw a picture of her in DC's "Who's Who" files (fifteen years ago?), and obviously the comics have only deepened my affection. She's sweet, she's funny, she has great hats, and she's the cutest goth in the multiverse.
            Sadly, I feel the same. Every goth girl I've ever known has been measured by Didi, and fallen short! I'm still looking. . .

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
            (And you have to admit that "Didi & Dee" has a ring to it)
            :lol:

Comment

The Doctor! Travel through time and space, beat up evil alien monsters. Save the galaxy...what's not to like?

Comment

Gilgamesh, Ulysees, Ayesha, Scarlet Pimpernell and Captain Haddock. Maybe all at the same time coming for tea. If we're lucky (Zola's) Nana can be picked up somewhere in the streets and come too.
                Google ergo sum

Comment

Asterix and Obelix, by Touatis! :)

Those Roman's are still crazy.

Comment

This is most difficult. I mean there are the obvious choices like Sherlock Holmes, Superman, or Eccentrica Galumbits, the triple-breasted whore of Eroticon Six, but which fictional character I'd most like to meet isn't something I've ever given a lot of thought to.

After a little thought (which means I'll probably have changed my mind if you asked me tomorrow) I'll plumb for the young Charles Foster Kane when he was still a young and idealistic newspaper proprietor slowly frittering away his vast fortune:

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
                    You're right, I did lose a million dollars last year. I expect to lose a million dollars this year. I expect to lose a million dollars *next* year. You know, Mr. Thatcher, at the rate of a million dollars a year, I'll have to close this place in... 60 years.
                    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

I thought a long time on this one. I could choose several out of the millions. :D

Jhary-A-Conel

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Well, I'd say Elric, but then he might not find me worthy of his company, and if he did, then Stormbringer would probably eat my soul for being his friend. So maybe Moonglum would be close enough. Or better still, Lord Renyard! Who wouldn't want to meet a cultured talking fox?
                        My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

I like your Doctor Who answer Azariel. I've got at least three Doctor Who fanatics in my house, myself included. The question is, which one of the Doctors manifestations would you like to meet? Personally, I'd have to say the Third Doctor. That way I could also get to know the beautiful Jo as well. :twisted:

If it was possible to meet fictional characters, I think my choice would be Lord Greystoke. Better known as Tarzan of the Apes
                          ..he weeps with the wonder of suddenly recollected innocence, of something he believed lost as everything else is lost to him and which makes him believe, if only for this moment, that what he has lost might be, perhaps, restored.

Comment

I'm torn between Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser and Jherek Carnelian. I'd think that I'd probably lean towards meeting Jherek Carnelian more than the others as the end of time sounds like a cool place to live.

Comment

Originally posted by KanderGrimm
                              I like your Doctor Who answer Azariel. I've got at least three Doctor Who fanatics in my house, myself included. The question is, which one of the Doctors manifestations would you like to meet? Personally, I'd have to say the Third Doctor. That way I could also get to know the beautiful Jo as well. :twisted:
                              It would be a tie between Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker (though Jon would be more likely to get a hang of than Tom's eccentric nature - imagine two eccentrics, with me being one, running for the spotlight) :lol:

For me, as far as companions, Sarah Jane did it for me! She was the kind of woman for me :D

Comment

Working...
                              X