Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Tacoma Mall Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doc
    What does that say about you? :lol:
    I can hear Bob Marley singing in my head, "If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem."
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Once in that mall in Atlanta, "Underground Atlanta", there was a random shooting, and a man jumped in front of his girlfriend and took several bullets in the chest for her (and lived). I imagine that probably destroyed their relationship, by tipping the balance: whenever they had an argument or a disagreement, he'd probably respond "yeah, but I took bullets for you!"

Comment

Glad you got out of there Berry!

I was actually harrassed and stalked by a gangsta type at the Goodwill nearby on 38th street on Saturday, so that part of Tacoma is really going downhill lately. Too bad, because I love that area, especially the Goodwill. I was doing absolutely nothing (and I wasn't dressed like my avatar either) and this huge guy decided I looked like a fun type to intimidate (I wasn't feeling particularly like I lead a charmed life). I ended up calling the cops before going out in the parking lot with my wife and mother in-law. We actually went to the mall next, where nothing happened.
        My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Sorry to hear that Dead-Air. I don't know if you knew this, but they have stopped selling malt liquor in and around downtown (Hill Top specifically) and the riff raff are moving deeper into the residential areas surrounding the mall. I'm not surpirse to hear of your experience. I'm glad you didn't get mauled.
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Yeah, getting malled was bad enough! Thankfully with a magazine to read and the new couches outside Nordstroms I was able to chill and try to forget about my Goodwill (or lack thereof) experience while simultaneously tuning out my less than natural environment.
            My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Just stumbled across this thread, and I'm glad to hear you're all okay! :D You seem very cool about it, Berry, and I admire that. I'm very protective of my sons and it would have freaked me right out!

Dead-Air, if I lived near you, you'd probably try to avoid me. Once people get to know me, they tell me I look like I want to kill people when I look at them!
              Still... It stops all the tourists bothering me.

You all be careful out there!
              You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
                ...they tell me I look like I want to kill people when I look at them!
                Huh. I just assumed you look like your avatar. :P I was going to ask you where you got your hat.
                "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
                  Dead-Air, if I lived near you, you'd probably try to avoid me. Once people get to know me, they tell me I look like I want to kill people when I look at them!
                  Still... It stops all the tourists bothering me.

You all be careful out there!
                  My experience had nothing to do with "looks" and everything to do with behavior. This guy was getting in my face and saying crazy aggro stuff, then stalking me around the store. Certainly the fact that he looked like he could hurt me badly made the fact he was behaving as if he wanted to that much more disconcerting. I've had a few friends through the years who've looked like convicts and WWF wrestlers, but they were actually nice well behaved sorts and not the type who would attack someone for merely wanting to look at cds in a store!

Comment

I've noticed the same thing over the last 5 years. Some guys are staring me down like a challenge. I think it has to do with the recent political trends. I think Bush has put balls on people who would normally be civilized.

Comment

This guy wasn't just staring, he was vocal and physical, and when I walked away he followed me. That's when I decided that a cell phone has a purpose and that I wasn't going out in the parking lot unless the police came by first. He had a buddy who was following his lead too, it wasn't pretty, but I managed to get to Tacos Guyamos o.k., and that's what matters. I still like Tacoma, but I'm happy I live down here in Portland nonetheless.

Comment

I might look like some mean ole b d, but I'm a big pussycat really. The only time I'm confrontational is when I'm confronted, and then I puff up like a bullfrog.
                        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

My God was there ever a dark energy over Tacoma that week! I just found out that the same day I was being harassed that a couple friends of mine were down from Seattle and had their car broken into and many valuables including a laptop computer stolen.

Comment

This morning there was a news blurb regarding a rash of muggings at Tacoma Mall lately. Place sucks.
                            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

It's really too bad. Although the mall has never been my thing, Tacoma has a lot to offer, but unfortunately the crime doesn't seem to be confined to the mall at all. What's more, the crime does seem to particularly lean towards violence lately. But it really can happen anywhere too.

Comment

Working...
                              X