Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Spanish translators, aid me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish translators, aid me!!!

Hi there,

A chap from patagonia has contacted me, asking if he can use some of my fan art in his blog. He isn't paying me or anything, so it's not an emergency, but I was just wondering if someone could check out the blog and assure me he isn't intent on world domination or anything strange like that. Thank you. :)

http://bajosur.blogspot.com/

(I tried to run it through BabelFish, but it didn't make much sense)
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

What part you want translated? Theres a bit here to cover Dee. . . :D

Comment

Oh, I don't want any of it translated. As I said above, I was just curious to know about the tone or "politics" of the site. But I've e-mailed the chap directly, and asked him what his intentions are, and he assures me that he's an even bigger fan of the subject I've drawn than I am, so hopefully it won't be something that will throw a bad light on me.

Comment

We'll i've give it a twice over and let you know :D

Comment

Was away a bit. Just checked Claudio Andrade's site. He's a journalist writing for the cultural section of "Rio Negro", a daily paper in Southern Argentina. Also for "La maأ±ana" a paper in Cordoba, Argentina's wine capital and 2nd or 3rd largest city. Has worked for "Clarأ­n" and "Playboy" he claims. Obviously underemployed so that he has time for blogging. Seems he's a great movie buff, and - hark! - he adores Ludivine Sagnier! So you can trust him, I'd say.

Get him to put a link to your pages if he uses any of your "dibujos" (drawings), and it is also a good opportunity to settle the Malvinas/Falklands question, I think.
          And don't be misled if he addresses you with "Chأ©". All Argentinos permanently fill the gaps between two sentences with that word. Which is why the Cuban and Mexicans called Dr. Guevara "Chأ©" - long synonymous for "Argentinian".
          Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
            Seems he's a great movie buff, and - hark! - he adores Ludivine Sagnier! So you can trust him, I'd say.
            Hurrah! Thanks for that L'E.

...and it is also a good opportunity to settle the Malvinas/Falklands question, I think.
            Um... I think I'll leave that until we're better acquainted. :)

Which is why the Cuban and Mexicans called Dr. Guevara "Chأ©" - long synonymous for "Argentinian".
            Having read The Motorcycle Diaries I knew it wasn't his actual name, although I keep forgetting what it means. I remember the "Ernesto" part though, so that at least puts me ahead of half the people wearing his face on their chests...

Gracias!

Comment

Working...
            X