Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

I wish I'd won the lottery, instead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
    Originally posted by lemec
    I had a roman candle firework go off an inch from my face, barely avoided that one, turned just in time. ;)
    To give you an idea what kind of childhood I had, we used to have battles in which we would fire Roman Candles at each other (from a minimum distance of 25 feet, mind). Those little flaming balls just bounce right off of a heavy jean jacket, but if one lands in your hair... :shake: We also used to make flamethrowers out of a spray bottle, gasoline and a Bic lighter. Ah, good times! Good, insane times!
    hehe. ya, youth is blessed. amazing some of us are still alive after crazy fun like that. firecrackers were great for exploding spaceship models and the like, never really got to the point of making flame throwers, but someone I knew blew up my old toilet after we took it outside. ;)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by Azariel
      I work as a deli clerk and one time I sliced some tomatoes on the slicer, felt a sudden jerk. . . I looked down, the hand catching the tomato slices beneath had gotten to close and cut off half my thumb nail - it didn't hurt, or feel it, just a feeling something was wrong. Being a real macho man, I ripped the loose nail off and just took my lighter to burn the wound shut, wrapped it up and back to work in ten minutes flat! Either I'm dedicated or mad! :D
      geeez, ya deep fryer wounds are fun too, like lightsabre burns. :lol:

the only scar I have,well of any significant, is from a misplaced knife resulting in a one inch scar on my right forefinger. I was on my way out the door so I did not tell anyone about it and wrapped a paper towel around it and took off. I guess I did not need stitches,maybe I did and just got lucky it closed,hehe. That was some sharp knife, Conan would be proud, nice clean cut, surgical almost. :D

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
        geeez, ya deep fryer wounds are fun too, like lightsabre burns. :lol:
        Funny you mention that, I've worked with a deep fryer as well! Well, I haven't burned myself yet, I'm more cautious about it that the slicer, which is odd.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
          We also used to make flamethrowers out of a spray bottle, gasoline and a Bic lighter. Ah, good times! Good, insane times!
          Ha! In Middle School we'd use hairspray bottles as flamethrowers and "burn" our names into gym lockers. We tried it as well in school buses (the ones with those hideous green seats) - trust me, it smelled pretty bad. A can of Raid also made a fine flamethrower when burning ant hills - I still recall watching flame-drenched ants running off only to explode! What a wicked childhood I had, which ended when I burned the side of my thumb (no burn scars, just intense heat like liquified skin), thus ending my pyromaniac days. And the world is better off for it! :lol:

Comment

Working...
          X