Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Monthly Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly Poll

Hey all,

I invite the readership to suggest a poll for the month of February. So this thread should fill up quickly for this month's and next month's. Feel free to submit as many suggestions as you like. I'll choose the one I like best.

I am also seeking a Poll Editor. The Poll Editor is an unpaid volunteer position. It could become a revolving position as well. You would be responsible for creating the monthly poll as well as instigating numerous polls here in the forum section. Your polls will have to be edited for grammar and spelling.

So let the poll suggestions ensue and I'll be looking to invite one of you volunteers to be MWM's Poll Editor.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Polls Polls Polls

Well Jhary, I'm always looking for ways to help you out. So if you need anything then I'm more than willing to pitch in what I can. As for what I would like to see for the poll next month... I think it should be related to the Elric Movie. It's a safe bet that that is the biggest buzz around here right now and I'm curious to see what people think about it.

Thanos

Comment

Some possible polls I have thought up :
      1 - What happens to Stormbringers victims souls ?
      2 - Which sub charecter do you hate the most ?
      3 - Which Character/book would make a better film than Elric ?
      4 - If they made a range of cuddly toys based on Moorcock charecters which would you take to bed at night ?
      5 - If you could buy a real stormbirnger eg it ate peoples souls and feed lifeforce back to the weilder etc would you buy one ?
      6 - Which of the above should be this months poll ?
      MEEP !

Comment

I enjoy the irony of the 5th choice lol, nice one. :lol:

Comment

Maybe "How do you choose your books?

-By Author

-By Title

-By Subject

-Advice of a friend

-Tea leaf readings

-On the advice of Oprah

-etc.....
          When they had advanced together to meet on common
          ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
          and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
          each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
          mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
          killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

If I ever see a cuddly Elric toy I will have to cast myself off the nearest tall building. :lol:
            When they had advanced together to meet on common
            ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
            and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
            each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
            mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
            killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Poll Editor Chosen

Hey everyone, Marc J. Roth AKA MJR, has accepted the task of Poll Editor. Now you can spend your efforts proposing your polls to him. Rah!
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Polls

Hello All:

Just want to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm a longtime fan of Mr. Moorcock's and have read a majority of the books published by him over the years to my great enjoyment. I saw the post mentioning the need for a Poll Editor, someone to instigate discussions and create Monthly and Forum Polls. I have a bit of extra time right now, and offered my services. Berry kindly accepted. Thank You!
                I have no experience creating polls or with creative or professional writing of any kind, however I will do my best to provide interesting Polls for all. Everyone's input is encouraged and appreciated. Your ideas will be used, so keep them coming.

MJR
                \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

Hi MJR, congratulations on your appointment as poll editor.

I just wanted to make a suggestion for a possible poll topic.

Mike was asked once what role he would possibly choose if he had a cameo in the Elric films. My memory could be hazy, but I recall Mike himself suggested Smiorgan Baldhead. I wondered if we should have a poll to see if members thought they'd like to see Mike in the films, and if so, what part they could see him portraying.

Comment

Mike's role in Elric

Haha...

Just got a good idea for a way that Mike can be in the Elric movie. I don't really like the idea of him being a major character (Smiorgan Baldhead is on the boarderline between a major and a minor character if you ask me)... it just seems a little tacky, but that could just be me. Instead... I think it would be funny if they found a way to work him into the background in many different scenes. That way we could play "Where's Moorcock" at the movie theater. He could be just barely visable in the corner of a smokey bar or something. Donno... would just be funny.

Thanos

Comment

thank you....good ideas

Thanks grey mouser...

Good ideas:
                      ThanosShadowsage and grey mouser.........keep them coming......
                      \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                      X