Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

adopted a cat yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hieronymus
    replied
    Wonderful!!! :D Maine Coon are marvelous cats ( as every cat ).
    Greetings from my carthusian Conner :lol:

Leave a comment:

• spot778
    replied
    Had two of 'em myself they are like no other cat I've owned.

I would come home and Bobo (I didn't name him but he came when called so ...) would come running even if he was asleep to greet me at the door and it wasn't for food or anything just affection.

I've found them to be the most verbal of all the cats I've owned, granted most were Siamese

All I really know about their history is the Catherine the Great was a HUGE fan of them and had tons of them

Leave a comment:

• Poetgrrl
    replied
    The dog and cat have adapted pretty well. It's going better than I hoped. Everyone's happy, and that makes a big difference.

Now then. I wonder why the Maine Coon developed this way, to be so friendly, like no other cat I've ever met. He acts like his only job in life is to be petted. Any other cat is like, yeah yeah whatever. THIS guy comes in like "I'm here! PET me!" And you can't help yourself but stop what you're doing and love the critter. What IS that?

Leave a comment:

• A_Non_Ymous
    replied
    I owned a male Maine Coon cat for approximately 11 years. He
    was huge (people thought) and surly around strangers. Around
    us, he was a perfect feline gentleman. Likewise towards the cats
    that were his friends. Cats he did not care for tended to stay
    away -- he was big, and nearly 10 kilos of bone, muscle, and
    brown-and-black striped fur. When he would jump on our bed
    in the middle of the night, it tended to get our attention.

LSN

Leave a comment:

• xidrep
    replied
    We had a Maine Coon in the hospital on Friday: like a flipping panther, man!
    He wasn't sick - he'd just come for his protection money

Well done, PG! Bastet beams benevolently upon you! :P

PS. Dig the story. Replied on e-mail today.

Leave a comment:

• Yisselda
    replied
    Cool. 8)

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    replied
    :clap:

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Congrats!

All cats are quite cool, but Maine Coons are especially so. I love the fuzzy feet.

Leave a comment:

• Poetgrrl
    replied
    what... a teeny tiny little meow, infrequent, and totally incongrous to their body size?

isn't it GREAT? m'ow

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    They aren't bossy, but they don't put up with any crap. They have the best meow. 8)

Leave a comment:

• Poetgrrl
    replied
    Berry: so you know what it's all about! :D

i'm totally a dog person, but Maine Coons are like... dogs. so very friendly, so big, so loving. not cold and aloof and ... impersonal like a lot of cats i've known.

WUHOOOOO!!

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    I lo000000000000000000000000000000000000ve Maine Coons.

Leave a comment:

• Poetgrrl
    started a topic adopted a cat yesterday.

adopted a cat yesterday.

welcome home, James. he's a big, beautiful Maine Coon. a friend of a friend had to let him to go a shelter annnnd... my husband wanted a Maine Coon again after we lost our last one.

he's indoors and all grown up. and he's just a demanding cat for attention, he's wonderful. drove 2 hours down and back, had to get supplies for him, etc.. turned into a very long day. but very worth it. this shelter doesn't keep everything they get. !!

mother in law donated a cat stand she's no longer using, and my son has the cat sleeping on his bed now. my dog, of course, wants to play with it and James wants nothing to do with THAT, so... they need to get used to each other. it's not a bad scene, though.

so yaaay James, and yaaay to helping a creature in need. : )
Working...
X