Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Giant Squid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Squid

Just saw this

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050927/sc_nm/squid_dc
    "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

*waits for Perdix's reply*

way cool. needless to say, my son (who is 8, and loves arcateuthis) is doing cart-wheels over this film.

ehm... the Japanese .... forgive me.... aren't necessarily into this to film the creature. i mean, they're still "capturing" whales for "study" ... and did yo see the tri-hook the squid's tentacle was on? they were trying to capture and boo hoo if the elusive thing died. :(

but the news is WAY interesting, though!!

Comment

Couldn't believe it when I saw it, missed the tri-hook, but later that day happened to see a squid episode of the Japanese cookng show, The Iron Chef, so I do get your drift.
      "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

They've only chosen to have their pictures taken now because Great Cthulhu is calling them up from the abyssal plains for the final battle...
        In an 'interesting' bit of synchronicity, I was writing a scene about capturing a giant (if fictional) cephalopod at the very time the item came on the news. Yes, yes, I'll get out more, mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
          They've only chosen to have their pictures taken now because Great Cthulhu is calling them up from the abyssal plains for the final battle...
          - Insert Tom DeLay joke of choice -

Comment

speaking of sea beasts...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4317536.stm

This shark sure gets around. :D

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Must be the vegemite curry!!!

Comment

Working...
              X