Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

How one can tell that Autumn is approaching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How one can tell that Autumn is approaching...

- Lots of new students show up for my tae kwon do class, putting us in what I call "white belt hell" until November or so.

- New members in MM as students return to school and join.

- Lots of new posts, that quickly start to turn brown and fall to the ground.

Well, at least two of those.

This is my post # 2001. Any similarity to this post and Arthur C. Clarke's famous movie & book is purely coincidental. Consistency of pose seems to demand that we supply some music. Maestro, a bit of Richard Strauss's Also Sprach Zarathustra. Yes, THAT one.

LSN

Couldn't we have some Gyأ¶rgy Ligeti instead?

Comment

Quite right. But remember it must open with some Straussian bombast!

LSN

Comment

Re: How one can tell that Autumn is approaching...

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
        - Lots of new students show up for my tae kwon do class, putting us in what I call "white belt hell" until November or so.
        If by this you mean in November most of them will be gone, you're a good sensei :clap:

Comment

Re: How one can tell that Autumn is approaching...

Originally posted by mordenkainen
          Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
          If by this you mean in November most of them will be gone, you're a good sensei :clap:
          They are either yellow belts or they are gone. My teacher and I don't get paid, so we can teach it the way we want to teach it. We don't guarantee them promotion.

I'm a sensei in Shotokan. In TKD, I'm a sabunim.

LSN

Comment

Yes, we are being inundated by white belts...

Partially, this is my fault, since a friend of mine and I recruited one...

sorry

S. Ombre

Comment

They will improve rapidly, or they will face the consequences.

LSN

Comment

mwahahahaha

And all us upper belts will laugh...
                Actually I try to help the hapless white belts, when they can be helped...

S. Ombre

Comment

Working...
                X