Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Probably how they pick up dog poo in Tanelorn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably how they pick up dog poo in Tanelorn...

They laminate it to a stick so they don't have to use a baggy! Everything is better in Tanelorn!

Originally posted by CreativeMatch.co.uk
    The D&AD Student of the Year Award 2005 was won by a team of talented students from China. They... won with their excellent work for Dog Poo Spray in Product Design & Innovation, sponsored by British Aerosol Manufacturers' Association.

SOURCE: http://www.creativematch.co.uk/viewnews/?91254

Be sure not to miss the interesting quote by a one "Garrick Hamm" who I have to assume doesn't do a lot of public speaking.

I can safely say I would never have thought of this solution to cleaning up dog waste.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

It certainly beats the Pink Flamingo method... I would throw a link in there to a relevant explanatory image, but some of you may be squeamish! 8O
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Yes, best to leave those not already familiar with that imfamous John Waters film in the dark. I think this method is much more... er... divine.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
        It certainly beats the Pink Flamingo method... I would throw a link in there to a relevant explanatory image, but some of you may be squeamish! 8O
        You've got me curious now... It's after 3 in the morning and I can't get my mind to make Google find me the answer. Is it something I'm going to regret finding when I finally got to sleep and wake up again?

Comment

Spaced, try http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069089/, according to which, the Plot Keywords for Pink Flamingos include:

* oral-sex
          * cannibalism
          * transvestite
          * black-comedy
          * disturbing
          * cult-favorite
          * zoophilia
          * surreal
          * vulgarity
          * video-nasty
          * adult-humor
          * independent-film
          * excrement-eating
          * exhibitionism
          * castration
          * indecent-exposure
          * excrement
          * coprophagia
          * shoplifting
          * bestiality
          * incest
          * perversion
          * masturbation-scene
          * rape
          * female-frontal-nudity
          * flasher
          * male-frontal-nudity
          * transsexual
          * amateur-production
          * animal-abuse
          * baby-selling
          * blasphemy
          * controversial
          * egg
          * filth
          * kidnapping
          * mental-illness
          * mobile-home
          * murder
          * saliva
          * sausage
          * she-male
          * underground-film
          * actual-animal-killed
          * narration
          * snuff-film
          * arson
          * grotesque
          * revenge
          * tabloid
          * white-slave-trade
          * mentally-ill-character
          * charles-manson-reference
          * fellatio
          * scatological
          * sex-with-chicken
          * sex
          * artificial-insemination
          * birthday-party
          * boise-idaho
          * butler
          * contortionist
          * drug-dealing
          * dungeon
          * fired
          * fire
          * house-breaking
          * job-interview
          * lesbianism
          * marriage
          * mother-daughter-relationship
          * mother-son-relationship
          * notoriety
          * vandalism
          * voyeurism
          * binoculars
          * post-office
          * tar
          * camp
          * flamingo
          * hippie
          * hot-dog
          * midnight-movie
          * penis
          * tar-and-feathers
          * vagina
          * woods
          * amyl-nitrate
          * change-of-identity
          * disguise
          * dog
          * human-excrement
          * police
          * spy
          * taxi-driver
          * taxi
          * urination
          * actor-shares-first-name-with-character
          * baltimore-maryland
          * comic-violence
          * drug-use
          * fetish
          * man-in-drag

8O
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
            Keywords for Pink Flamingos include:

* coprophagia
            Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

That's the one I think Dee was referring to. But I warn you be careful, it's a sensitive subject with other forum participants. Topics like that can, at times, bring out the worst in some.

Comment

I have to say, having heard about the film long before I saw it, that I was a little disappointed to find that the scene in question isn't part of the film, as such. I mean it isn't a plot point, just a sort of grotesque epilogue, filmed on the spur of the moment. I'm not really very strong-of-stomach, so I'm not such a big fan of Waters's earlier work (preferring the later films, which his original fans consider a dilution) but throughout his career the man has demonstrated a talent for crafting great scenes, or great images. I don't think he's ever made a great film, but he knows how to bruise an audience's brain with his vision, and that's reason enough to appreciate the man.... plus he put L7 in a film, for which I'm also very grateful.

None of which has anything to do with dog poop, except tangentially, so to return to the topic, I'd still be curious to know if the stereotype of Paris (absolutely littered with little "gifts" from canine behinds) has any truth to it.
              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

It does.

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
                  Spaced, try http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069089/, according to which, the Plot Keywords for Pink Flamingos include:

<Crazed amount of plots>

8O
                  Cheers for that Demos. I hadn't realised that I hadn't visited the forum for about a month :oops:

Comment

I used to find it a most piquant thing to stimulate folks' sense of juxtaposition and the grotesque by sticking a single flower into suitably textured dog poops. Dahlias were most amusing to me. Roses were going just too far, whilst orchids in such a position risk sentience and the creation of a thing that should not be.

Perhaps, thus was the Feral Art Movement born.

I should emphasise this was quite a long time ago, and not a regular activity - merely a spur-of-the-moment humourous indulgence.

Erm...

Comment

Working...
                    X