Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Congrats, Berry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats, Berry!

Let me congratulate for having over 200 registered users/members in somewhat over two months. Let's get 500 by May, hummm?
    And we all acknowledge the amount of work you've put into it, thanks.
    Best,
    L'Etranger
    Google ergo sum

Thank you.

But it has been only 5 weeks since I went live with the new site. I am simply amazed at the response.

One meter that I use to get a feel for the activeness of the membership is the poll on the front page. We've had 60 votes in 9 days. That is huge growth. It might be that the poll question is more interesting, but still, in 30 days we had 90 responses.

The average concurrent users online has been growing. At first it was like 2 to 5 and these days we are at about 10 to 20. I can't wait until we get something like 1000 views/reads on our threads.

Again, thaks for the kind words. I feel we are accomplishing something here. What that is, I don't know. Maybe a community? I shoul acknowledge the visitation of the faithful. Welcome Champions!

Best,
    Berry
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Re: Congrats, Berry!

Originally posted by LEtranger
      Let me congratulate for having over 200 registered users/members in somewhat over two months. (shortened quote)
      !Gesundheit! :oops: Yes, sure - I meant "in little over ONE month", of course. Maybe I counted the night shifts extra ...
      Anyway it is a tremendous start and growing ever stronger!
      Best again, L'E
      Google ergo sum

Comment

You could begin to rely on your other manifestations, eh Tubby?

Comment

300 registered members!
          Bravo Mike and Berry!
          Google ergo sum

Comment

We know which character Mr. M is in King of the City- the fat little new worlds editor.

Comment

Thanks LEtranger. Amazing isn't it?

I can't wait for 1,000...

Originally posted by LEtranger
              300 registered members!
              Bravo Mike and Berry!
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Now 400!

Growing stronger every day, congrats once again!

L'Etranger
                Google ergo sum

Comment

41 people online at this posting.....
                  \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

Berry, Big thank you and congrats! I love the opportunity to converse with Mr. Moorcock and everyone else concerning the Multiverse and life in general.

44 People on right now :D

Eric
                    "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                    --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

8O 44 people are staggering. And thanks for the kind words.

Comment

well, to be honest, at the time it was 9 Users and 35 Guests...but still, that's 44 people browsing the site! Just to show you you're doing good work!
                        "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                        --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Yes Berry hats off to you. Its one thing to create a site but to drive traffic to it is quite another. Bravo!

Pretty soon you and Mike will be saying "What the hell were we thinking?" :lol:
                          When they had advanced together to meet on common
                          ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                          and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                          each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                          mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                          killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Working...
                          X