Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

US customs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muckyshoe
    replied
    Just thought I'd write back to let you know it all went swimmingly with the armour. Myself on the other hand was another story....

Just step back from the line please sir.
    No. further back than that.

10 minute mumble mumble to his customs buddy

Ok. come through.

(I wanted to say, "Get stuffed! Learn some manners!")

Of course, I smiled sweetly......

Leave a comment:

• L'Etranger
    replied
    Oh, and sometimes you can declare weird things as "samples, no commercial value"!

Leave a comment:

• L'Etranger
    replied
    Maybe you shouldn't wear it on the plane. Or, if you do insist you are a "Roman turned Christian". Christians are pretty "en vogue" currently, the more militant the better.

No, seriously -
    Customs people all over the world can be a pain in the a. , but aren't always.
    Best if you have a receipt with you stating the price, or better even, a very low price, and the stuff's origin. Maybe they will agree to have the luggage piece sealed to prove you've not sold it it when you leave US territory, or maybe they'll accept a deposit.
    My wife performed overseas last year and certain parts of her props measure over 2,5 metres. We bought a triple surfboard case (which looked a little like a huge banana) that had all kinds of surf logos and applications on it - and they just waved her through the US customs, smiling at her for her supposed "sportiveness". Same thing on the way back.

Good Luck, and safe trip!

Leave a comment:

• muckyshoe
    started a topic US customs

US customs

Strange request here but need some advice. I have been on holiday in NZ with the british lions and have brought a full set of Roman Centurion Armour with me that I have successfully worn at all the matches and got on TV with (its primary purpose). Will I have any problems getting it through US customs at any stage on my return to the UK? I am going to Hawaii then Canada.
    Any ideas? Or will I have to air freight it back?
    It is only fancy dress after all...
Working...
X