Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

London Bombs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Bombs

Well, here it is.

Hope everyone OK in the area. God help us all.

my thoughts and prayers with *everyone* today.

Comment

Map of the affected areas for anyone who's concerned about friends or loved ones:

Futher information available at http://news.bbc.co.uk and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Lo...ort_explosions
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by Poetgrrl
        my thoughts and prayers with *everyone* today.
        Mine too. Shocking news, and straight on the back of Olympic joy.

Comment

Originally posted by CandyFlossCow
          Mine too. Shocking news, and straight on the back of Olympic joy.
          One suspects that if these bombs *had* happened yesterday rather than today then the Olympics would have been going to Paris instead.
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Thanks for all the best wishes guys, it truly is terrifying. I have one relative uncalled for yet and I'm shitting myself... I'm sure they're ok, but I'm very scared at this moment.

Comment

Well, grim though it is, it's nothing new. All cities are vulnerable. We've seen it all before, sadly.

Comment

Have courage, Londoners, which is what you're truly great in!
                Google ergo sum

Comment

Thanks, L'E. Kind words much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
                    Have courage, Londoners, which is what you're truly great in!
                    As Perdix says, this sort of thing is nothing new to Londoners who lived through the IRA bombing campaigns of the 70s, 80s and 90s. The response of people then was very much encouraged to be 'business as usual' and one can only hope that sanity will prevail now and politicians won't use the tragic events of today to (further) limit our civil liberties in an attempt to 'protect' us.

Comment

Hear hear, Demos99. That's what I fear.

Comment

Be sure that I'll put out a little British flag* on my balcony when I return home today. You're not alone.

* I don't have a big one ...
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

The local news in Seattle are already running pieces on busses being check for bombs. This fear is so contagious. Best wishes to the denizens of Mother London. Love to you all! Courage friends! Courage!
                          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Thanks, Berry. We don't scare easily! (Eek! Wassat?)

Comment

Email from Linda and Mike:

Just so you all know: Acc to Michael's daughter Kate, all other Moorcocks have been accounted for in the London debacle. I think they are scattered here and there across the city, but none have been injured. Their only concern now is how and when they get home. It will be a long walk for all of them since none of them live in central London. The British are great in the face of tragedy, however, so I'm sure they'll be ok.
                              Love,
                              Linda & Michael
                              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Working...
                              X