Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The strange and bizarre world of Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strange and bizarre world of Los Angeles

Its amazing who you bump into out and about down here.

Just a week after spotting the infamous David Hasslehoff at our local branch of Safeway, I now have the dubious claim to fame of being interviewed for a security guard's job, by one of the red shirted (and disaster prone) security guards from Star Trek (with photos to prove it). For once I am speechless.

I think my life's expectations have suddenly sunk to a whole new low
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Maybe you should stop wielding that sword in your avatar ...?
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Well I don't envy you the Hasslehoff sighting, but L.A. is the "hometown" of my favouritest band in the world (L7), so I do envy you a little. I've never actually met anyone famous I admired outside of signings or events, so I'm not sure how I'd handle it if I did. The grown-up thing to do, of course, is just to let them get on with their lives... the immature thing to do is to take a photo of them doing something (anything!) and then send it to one of these terrible celeb-spotting magazines ("Britney Spears eats a cookie!", "Kelly Osbourne's hair isn't quite symmetrical!", "Paris Hilton still exists!").

I can't say I'd be very impressed by someone who had been in the main cast of a Star Trek show, let alone the supporting cast... but then I still rate a 90s "grunge" band, so who am I to judge?
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I wasn't all that impressed to tell the truth. Just that there was a certain irony to being interviewed for a security job, by one of the (former) ill fated red shirted security guards from Star Trek.

Even more ironic was the fact that the security guards (formal) uniform would have been red also... I sense a cosmic scale disaster befalling the Staples Center...
        Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
          Maybe you should stop wielding that sword in your avatar ...?
          how's this?

Comment

is that Stormringer?

Comment

Working...
            X