Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Just posting this lowered my IQ by 30%!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just posting this lowered my IQ by 30%!

Extensive computer Usage damages IQ
    \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Been working all night to fix a problem in my team's website's actionScript . failed. maybe if I didn't spend so much time writing code I'd write better code?
    huh....
    too late.

Comment

Actionscript is also the bane of my life :roll:

The worst bit is when you find out the problem is actually a bug in Flash!

I think the time us programmers spend thinking really hard about complex abstract problems negates the effect of using computers on our IQs, I hope so anyway..........

I've done those team Actionscript projects, I feel your pain ;)
      \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

i yoos a commuter all time an i ent got no iq ishoes.

Comment

Originally posted by M-A_19
          I think the time us programmers spend thinking really hard about complex abstract problems negates the effect of using computers on our IQs, I hope so anyway..........

I've done those team Actionscript projects, I feel your pain ;)
          I'm not really a professional programmer - I started designing web pages some years ago to get some extra cash and by some natural geeky tendencies ended up learning HTML, Javascript, ActionScript, PHP (and CFML which resulted a loss of time :lol: )...
          No team project either - I am designing, alone, the site for the stunts team I belong to.
          However, I guess the pain is still the same - or greater. My lack of academic training results in some flaws in my knowledge of basic Math, and I sometimes -like it was the case here - create huge complicated and uneffective functions where a simple one does the job perfectly.

To get back to topic, not staying in front of the puter and staring at the darned code, esp getting out for a coffee or a walk, usually helps - like it did this time. Problem is solved, using 5% of the code previously involved :?

Comment

Working...
          X