Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Games W*nkshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games W*nkshop

I see that Games Workshop has suffered severe losses after a faster-than-expected fall off of LOTR products following the release of the third film (possibly a result of consumer death-by-tedium?).

I was interested in buying the company myself for the quoted آ£5 and two-an-a-half pee, but then realised this was the share price, not the value of the whole business...

They're having a laugh... :roll:

Don't worry Perdix, I've heard the govenment are going to prop it up with copius quantities of public funds!

oh no, he only props up idea-redundant failing companies that will help to get him elected doesn't he?

Any chance of Mr Brown tossing you a start up loan for prototype X? he seems very free with his money these days.........

150m could pay for a lot of thermal binding ;)
    \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

Originally posted by M-A_19
      Also, I'm very interested in pimpin' my ride, so I may need to start seeing some commission checks soon!

I still blame Games Workshop for the fact I spent my teenage years pushing tiny painted models around fake moss, rather than getting drunk on white cider and playing strip-Twister. Sniffle. :(
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
        I still blame Games Workshop for the fact I spent my teenage years pushing tiny painted models around fake moss, rather than getting drunk on white cider and playing strip-Twister. Sniffle. :(
        Hey Dee, did nobody tell you about "Strip Warhammer Fantasy Battle"?

all you need is a d100, and a lady who likes Warhammer.

Oh, I see your point now ;)
        \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

yep, d100s are not so common.

Comment

Originally posted by M-A_19
            Also, I'm very interested in pimpin' my ride, so I may need to start seeing some commission checks soon!

Yeah that and the fact that my telephone number in the school catalogue.
            Was in fact the wrong one and chicks kept calling some turkish guy instead of me!

God hates me.. I know!

Comment

I still blame Games Workshop for the fact I spent my teenage years pushing tiny painted models around fake moss, rather than getting drunk on white cider and playing strip-Twister.
              Dee, you could have posted this on the thread I started about Games W*nkshop figures. Cos now I know why I've never played a RPG - I was too busy getting drunk on white cider! Among other things(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                Dee, you could have posted this on the thread I started about Games W*nkshop figures. Cos now I know why I've never played a RPG - I was too busy getting drunk on white cider! Among other things(!)
                Well, you certainly weren't missing anything. Anything at all. And I had to wait until I was at least 18 before I got the chance to be sick down a sink, and mutter, "never again!".

Ah well, better late than never. :?
                "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by mordenkainen
                  yep, d100s are not so common.
                  either where girls who liked warhammer were i grew up!

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                    I still blame Games Workshop for the fact I spent my teenage years pushing tiny painted models around fake moss, rather than getting drunk on white cider and playing strip-Twister.
                    That was me, I wasn't logged in.

It was a bottle of Taverner's Cream Sherry (at 14 or 15 I think, everything seems to have become hazy since), bought by the oldest looking lad in our group. What fun it was, and I have no recollection of a hangover either. Don't drink sherry any more, I should add, it was the cheapest thing in the off licence that has now become a dog grooming parlour!
                    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Post deleted!

Sorry, i was getting a bit too self-pitying there. If anyone bothered to read my post, I suggest they forget it immediately!

Cheers!

Comment

I would go so far as to say that GW stunted my development. It wasn't until the more than tender age of 17, playing Warhammer in a friends bedroom on a saturday night that I finally experience a moment of absolute clarity about how far I had sunk into absolute geekdom.

I think going to uni saved me from social undeath - endless hours spent pickling my liver, talking drunken philosophical rubbish while doing a BA course that was essentially useless (from an employment standpoint). Needless to say, I am still paying the price for this today. GW has a lot to answer for....

IMO - an evening spent with friends playing Warhammer is as intellectually stimulating as an evening spent alone, wanking in front of the playstation.
                        Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by devilchicken
                          I would go so far as to say that GW stunted my development. It wasn't until the more than tender age of 17, playing Warhammer in a friends bedroom on a saturday night that I finally experience a moment of absolute clarity about how far I had sunk into absolute geekdom.

I think going to uni saved me from social undeath - endless hours spent pickling my liver, talking drunken philosophical rubbish while doing a BA course that was essentially useless (from an employment standpoint). Needless to say, I am still paying the price for this today. GW has a lot to answer for....

IMO - an evening spent with friends playing Warhammer is as intellectually stimulating as an evening spent alone, wanking in front of the playstation.
                          YES!!!.... It's a Conspiracy i tell you!!! It's to promote 'abstinence' from sex. By promoting made-up-wars with elves and what not.. You can even use a schampoo bottle for scenary.. 8O

Where does this geekiness come from? Who's in charge? Or rather... "Who is Master"...?

Comment

YES!!!.... It's a Conspiracy i tell you!!! It's to promote 'abstinence' from sex. By promoting made-up-wars with elves and what not.. You can even use a schampoo bottle for scenary.. Shocked

Where does this geekiness come from? Who's in charge? Or rather... "Who is Master"...?
                            Personally I blame Blue Peter - model making with shampoo bottles!? I'm sure there's a better outlet for creativity...
                            Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by devilchicken
                              YES!!!.... It's a Conspiracy i tell you!!! It's to promote 'abstinence' from sex. By promoting made-up-wars with elves and what not.. You can even use a schampoo bottle for scenary.. Shocked

Personally I blame Blue Peter - model making with shampoo bottles!? I'm sure there's a better outlet for creativity...
                              Who's "Blue Peter"? Well the 'shampoo' thing was something you could paint and carve to turn into a building or something. Mainly with W40K.
                              I guess you could do it in Fantasy too. Or are we talking P&P Rpg and not Tabletop games?

Comment

Working...
                              X