Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Arnold: The Tum-inator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold: The Tum-inator

Barry Wigmore of the Daily Mail has a nifty little article up at This Is London which shows what happens when you stop working out and start being a politician...

http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/...e=Daily%20Mail

"It took Arnold Schwarzenegger years of pumping iron to build the body that won him stardom in movies such as Conan the Barbarian and The Terminator.

"But it has taken just two years of good living as the governor of California for the 57-year-old's shape to go somewhat belly-up."

What's funny to me is that he has the perfect excuse: a messed-up heart valve from too much steroid use. Nevertheless, "Schwarzenegger, who is known to enjoy fine wine and big cigars, denies this..."

Why? There'd be no shame in that admission, considering steroids weren't illegal back in the day when he took them and he didn't know they would mess up his heart. Evidently, he'd rather we believe he's become a fat, lazy slob. Okay, fine Arnie. You get your wish, you washed-up tub of goo. It wasn't the steroids at all, you just can't lift 'em like you used to. Wuss. :twisted:
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Wow... What a Haazbeen
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Re: Arnold: The Tum-inator

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
      What's funny to me is that he has the perfect excuse: a messed-up heart valve from too much steroid use. Nevertheless, "Schwarzenegger, who is known to enjoy fine wine and big cigars, denies this..."
      Heart valve, huh? I had heard he blew his kidneys all to hell, but I always just assumed he was born without a heart :roll:

Comment

Working...
      X