Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Happy Egg Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    ...I am baffled why anyone would celebrate my dad letting me get hung out to dry like that.
    The celebration's over that awesome resurrection thing you reportedly pulled off...

Leave a comment:

• Theocrat
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikey_C
    Let's crucify the Easter Bunny! :twisted:
    Easter just came and went.. Who needs weird traditions anyway..
    Whats this with a fat 'commie' guy going down chimneys and bunnies hopping around..

Leave a comment:

• Jesus Christ
    replied
    Hey! I'm back. Was in Vegas over the weekend. I have to admit I am baffled why anyone would celebrate my dad letting me get hung out to dry like that. But, being the positive sort that I am, I made a weekend of it. Craps bouys my spirit, and no, I didn't choose a bride while I was there. Oh hey, regular season is coming up, and I thought I'd drop this news, Red Sox might win again. Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• xidrep
    replied
    You're right, SC. And they shouldn't make chocolate oranges, either >brup< Oooh.

Leave a comment:

• GuyLawley
    replied
    The original appearance of Behold, The Man in New Worlds 166 has made it into the Image Gallery just too late to be truly seasonal.

[link expired]

Mea culpa !

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I don't think Mrs Fields should make giant cream eggs.
    I don't think Tesco's should make chocolate swiss rolls.
    I don't think they should make Easter peeps.
    I don't think I should feel this sick.

Leave a comment:

• xidrep
    replied
    I know :twisted: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Perdix
    If I caught anyone whipping a bunny (Easter, fake or otherwise), I'd duff 'em up. Bloody psychos.

It's the same with Dragons. I'd love to see St George get his arse burnt off. Nasty bastard...
    8O These are Godly people you're talking about!

Leave a comment:

• xidrep
    replied
    If I caught anyone whipping a bunny (Easter, fake or otherwise), I'd duff 'em up. Bloody psychos.

It's the same with Dragons. I'd love to see St George get his arse burnt off. Nasty bastard...

Leave a comment:

• Ant
    replied
    This question occurred to me earlier today...

Why, of all the Christian fesivals, and arguably the most important, does Easter retain (in English - and German - at least) the pagain name of the ancient springtide festival is subsumes? Christmas is Christmas (although Yule survives well enough) and All Hallows' Eve is Hallowe'en (not Samhain). In other languages, it's some variant of the Latin pasha (for the Jewish Passover), or the Grand Day, or (prosaically) Resurrection.

Yet Easter is still resolutely Easter...

Ciao,
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied
    Easter Bunny whipped at church show; some families upset
    Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Associated Press

A church trying to teach about the crucifixion of Jesus performed an Easter show with actors whipping the Easter bunny and breaking eggs, upsetting several parents and young children.

People who attended Saturday’s performance at Glassport’s memorial stadium quoted performers as saying, “There is no Easter bunny,� and described the show as being a demonstration of how Jesus was crucified.

Melissa Salzmann, who took her 4-year-old son J.T., said the program was inappropriate for young children. “He was crying and asking me why the bunny was being whipped,� Salzmann said.

Patty Bickerton, the youth minister at Glassport Assembly of God, said the performance wasn’t meant to be offensive. Bickerton portrayed the Easter rabbit and said she tried to act with a tone of irreverence.

“The program was for all ages, not just the kids. We wanted to convey that Easter is not just about the Easter Bunny, it is about Jesus Christ,� Bickerton said.

Performers broke eggs meant for an Easter egg hunt and also portrayed a drunken man and a self-mutilating woman, said Jennifer Norelli-Burke, another parent who saw the show in Glassport, southeast of Pittsburgh.

“It was very disturbing,� Norelli-Burke said. “I could not believe what I saw. It wasn’t anything I was expecting.�
    http://www.post-gazette.com/breaking...407bunnyp4.asp
    Once again, Reality comes pre-satirized. It would be lost on these people, though: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Leave a comment:

• A_Non_Ymous
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikey_C
    A friend of mine once had an "easter party" years ago where they did just that. He even used red food coloring where the spikes were driven into the appendages of the stuffed rabbit (doubtless a Velveteen Rabbit lookalike).

Some attendees who didn't know about the "easter tree" were more than a trifle offended.

It takes all kinds. :lol:

LSN

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied

Leave a comment:

• A_Non_Ymous
    replied
    Originally posted by Perdix
    The transient phase/ REM sleep period betwixt full sleep and wakefulness is very productive for creative thought (theta waves)...
    I, too, have noticed this phenomenon over the years. Some astounding ideas show up for work during that phase. Sometimes, they even stand the light of close examination later in the day.

The critical intelligence is needed as a filter, it's clear, to shoot down things that "seemed like a good idea at the time."

LSN

Leave a comment:

• xidrep
    replied
    Oh...perhaps those of us who sleep less will...like, die sooner!

Aah!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X