Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Happy Egg Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Egg Time

Happy Easter, everyone.

Personally, I don't believe Jesus ever hatched from an egg; it seems a bit far-fetched, but you're all entitled to your ovo-theistic beliefs, I suppose...

Re: Happy Egg Time

Originally posted by Perdix
    Happy Easter, everyone.

Personally, I don't believe Jesus ever hatched from an egg; it seems a bit far-fetched, but you're all entitled to your ovo-theistic beliefs, I suppose...
    Bonne Paques.

Of course, I think it's a couple of days from now, but perhaps you've decided to hit the reactor cooling fluid a bit early this year?

Besides, what makes you think it wasn't a bio-engineered egg? Or perhaps a gleaming metalic, cross-temporal egg that cracked open to reveal good old Karl G?

Ecce something or other.

LSN

Comment

D'you know, I was just thinking about Sgt Glogauer after I wrote that post. Was it a deliberate image-reference on Steeplechaser's part, or an unconscious one? Probably the former...

Well it's Good Friday and I ain't working (for money, anyway) so that's a celebration, and I've never been one for strict observance of religious dates.

Except April 30th Sabbath...Ooopps! :twisted:

Anyway, what time is it there LSN???? 02:20? Do you ever sleep?

Comment

I think I'll re-read Behold the Man this Easter.

Comment

D'you know, I was just thinking about Sgt Glogauer after I wrote that post. Was it a deliberate image-reference on Steeplechaser's part, or an unconscious one? Probably the former...

Well it's Good Friday and I ain't working (for money, anyway) so that's a celebration, and I've never been one for strict observance of religious dates.

Except April 30th Sabbath...Ooopps! :twisted:
          You make an exception for Walpurgisnacht? Interesting. :lol:

Anyway, what time is it there LSN???? 02:20? Do you ever sleep?
          I think it was around 1 am when I posted that, more or less.

Yes, I sleep. About 5-6 hours a night, like everyone else.

I get most of my extracurricular reading done between 12 and 2 am.

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
            Yes, I sleep. About 5-6 hours a night, like everyone else. I get most of my extracurricular reading done between 12 and 2 am.
            8O Well, if I didn't think I was a slacker before, I certainly do now! I have a sneaking suspicion you may be Superman. :)

Since cutting chocolate out of my diet (almost) entirely, I don't really have much to celebrate. The only easter eggs I'm interested in come on DVDs, and I have to read about them on the internet. I'm not sure who these people are who find such things (and cheats on computer games), but I'm glad that they're out there and willing to share their discoveries.

Hey, lets all make an Easter-time pledge to watch Mel Gibson's Passion! Then let's all back-out at the last minute and do something interesting instead!
            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
              Yes, I sleep. About 5-6 hours a night, like everyone else.
              I think I must have a sleeping disorder. I need around 10 hours sleep a night. :(

Comment

6-7 hours is optimum. I do about 6, but only four in the summer...something to do with my pineal gland, I expect. I tend to sleep intensely for 20-30 minutes in the late afternoon, which is a rubbish time for anything much else...

The transient phase/ REM sleep period betwixt full sleep and wakefulness is very productive for creative thought (theta waves)...

Comment

Anyone else know this?
                  • Nature needs but five,
                    Custom gives us seven.
                    Laziness takes nine,
                    And wickedness eleven.

Gr.,
                  Ant

Comment

So I'm somewhere between lazy and wicked? Sounds about right.

Comment

Perhaps, TM, you're both lazy AND wicked? The best of both worlds, maybe?

It's not a big deal, nor is it some mark of distinction, positive or negative to need more or fewer hours of sleep. It varies a lot, I've noticed, from person to person. I've been on this schedule since I was about 13. Damned if I don't get a lot of work done when everyone else is asleep.

LSN

Comment

When they ask me to list my hobbies, the first one will be

"lying down"

Comment

Oh...perhaps those of us who sleep less will...like, die sooner!

Aah!

Comment

The transient phase/ REM sleep period betwixt full sleep and wakefulness is very productive for creative thought (theta waves)...
                            I, too, have noticed this phenomenon over the years. Some astounding ideas show up for work during that phase. Sometimes, they even stand the light of close examination later in the day.

The critical intelligence is needed as a filter, it's clear, to shoot down things that "seemed like a good idea at the time."

LSN

Comment

Let's crucify the Easter Bunny! :twisted:
                              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Working...
                              X