Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

It's Quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Quiet

Isn't it? :roll:

Very. I'm bored...
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Perdix,

If you're bored, you could go contribute to "Lurker..." or one of the verse threads, or just go over to the "Reasoned Debate" forum and start something with an inflammatory posting. :-]

I'm only looking in MWM every now and then. Busy.

LSN

Comment

It because Mike is MIA with health and connection issues. His lack of presence has spread. Maybe we could simulate it somehow? Like start a WWMMD (What would Michael Moorcock do) thread? Hmm - could make a good posting game.
        Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

I've posted a "story challenge" in the Enclave forum, for those who are interested.

We haven't heard from Mikey_C in those threads for a while. Perhaps we'll get his attention away from political / economic matters -- for a while, anyway.

LSN

Comment

Nooo, I'm not bored....you luverly chaps and chapesses see to that! :D

WWMMD?

He'd ask his cats to sort it out :lol:

Comment

That could be interesting, the cats bit...

Yeah - now I have to visualize Calgary circa 2030 and figure out what the heck I'd be doing there for LSN's challenge.
              Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Originally posted by Kommando
                That could be interesting, the cats bit...

Yeah - now I have to visualize Calgary circa 2030 and figure out what the heck I'd be doing there for LSN's challenge.
                Suggest you try the Dent plot formula with the challenge in mind as the background.

LSN

Comment

Dent formula? Like things get banged up a lot in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Kommando
                    Dent formula? Like things get banged up a lot in the future?
                    Interesting idea, but I'm referring to Lester Dent's notorious plot formula.

I did a quick search on Google, and I found a reference.

Take a look HERE.

LSN

Comment

Hey commando, good to see someone with their creative head on. Mike has drawn us here and share a place with like minded souls. I really appreciate this. Imagining what Mike would do is a great concept encouraging us to dip into his style of creativity. Let us do our best.

Comment

it is quiet. :( can't stay long. i have to get ready to go to work, and have been tackled by the cold "bug" that's been going around.

i like the "WWMMD" thread! i wish i knew him better so i could write a scene faithfully. *looks forward to reading more*

cheers! (or... be seeing you....) 8O

Comment

Well... Lets imagine the 'most boring' thing first that affects our lives!
                          And then imagine the most fun!

Comment

sitting for 44.5 minutes in the doctor's waiting room.
                            none more boring.

Comment

The most boring thing for me is when I'm staying at someone's house, and I wake up before everyone else. There's nothing you can do, because pretty much everything will make a noise and annoy people. So you have to pretend not to be hungry and try to pass the time until someone else joins you in the land of the potentially-vertical.

The most fun thing is being here with y'all, obviously! :)
                              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Working...
                              X