Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

George Carlin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Carlin?

Any of you guys like this comedian?

Well, if you don't mind wading through some of my babbling, you might like this thread:

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 02:13 PM.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Re: George Carlin?

Originally posted by Theocrat
      Hey Theocrat, what's wrong with your email address? You've started watching threads, but the email is bouncing off the email address you supplied for your account here. Let me know what's up.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
        Hey Theocrat, what's wrong with your email address? You've started watching threads, but the email is bouncing off the email address you supplied for your account here. Let me know what's up.
        Thanks for reminding me!...
        It was an old adress. And i've changed it to my current one..
        Sorry Berry!

Comment

Carlin is probably my favorite comedian. Hes Intelligent, and his comedy is intelligent as well. Of course theres always the occassional piss and fart joke thrown in for good measure.

"I know I'm fighting a losing battle with this one, but I refuse to surrender: Collapsing a building with explosives is not an implosion. An implosion is a very specific scientific phenomenon. The collapsing of a building with explosives is the collapsing of a building with explosives. The explosives explode, and the building collapses inwardly. That is not an implosion. It is the inward collapsing of a building, following a series of smaller explosions designed to make it collapse inwardly. Period. F*** you! "

Comment

Originally posted by McTalbayne
            Carlin is probably my favorite comedian. Hes Intelligent, and his comedy is intelligent as well. Of course theres always the occassional piss and fart joke thrown in for good measure.

"I know I'm fighting a losing battle with this one, but I refuse to surrender: Collapsing a building with explosives is not an implosion. An implosion is a very specific scientific phenomenon. The collapsing of a building with explosives is the collapsing of a building with explosives. The explosives explode, and the building collapses inwardly. That is not an implosion. It is the inward collapsing of a building, following a series of smaller explosions designed to make it collapse inwardly. Period. F*** you! "
            Anyway.. He really makes me think questionably about new phrases and euphemisms. I hate those... He's a guy who really stands for what he thinks. I share his mentality sometimes, and thats really good at parties. Although i wouldn't like to pull 'his' jokes right off at a small unsuspecting audience!

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
              Thanks for reminding me!...
              It was an old adress. And i've changed it to my current one..
              Sorry Berry!
              Thanks!
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I love George Carlin. Always have...
                Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Been a fan of George's since I was a kid in the 70's and I'd listen to my sister's LPs.

Got all three of his books, too. Funny and thought provoking stuff.
                  Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

I have two of George Carlin's books and must admit the man is as much a philosopher as he is a comedian. As the great comedic talent Mel Brooks said in History of the World, he "coalesce[s] the vapor of human existence into a logical and viable explanation." This is how I have always thought of Carlin and find him to be a one of a kind stand up philosopher. His dialogue on the seven dirty words in one of the greatest performances I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivak000
                      I have two of George Carlin's books and must admit the man is as much a philosopher as he is a comedian. As the great comedic talent Mel Brooks said in History of the World, he "coalesce[s] the vapor of human existence into a logical and viable explanation." This is how I have always thought of Carlin and find him to be a one of a kind stand up philosopher. His dialogue on the seven dirty words in one of the greatest performances I have seen.
                      Humans and their communicative abilities can become strangely elusive.
                      And i think he points that out philosophically.

Comment

Working...
                      X