Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Auction Talk 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L'Etranger
    Veteran Moorcockista
    • Dec 2003

Auction Talk 5

Alright, let me open the race then for the comic and make a bid for "ELRIC: THE DREAMING CITY".
    Instead of your US$ 50.- I offer the same amount in Euros at today's rate: € 50 = $ 85 ( ... should the Euro drop until the end of the auction I will still pay at least these $ 85 - or more, depending on the final bid).

Oh, and cheques from here are nonsense, either I can send the money by PAYPAL or to a European account of yours. I could alternatively send you a receipt of a bank here that proves I paid the amount to an account of MSF here. We'll find a solution.
    Google ergo sum

• Michael Moorcock
    Site Host
    • Dec 2003

Looks like we haven't had a bid on the 1st edition hardback of Sailor on the Seas of Fate, so we'll be withdrawing it from the auction unless we hear otherwise. Meanwhile electronic transfers to MSF or WWW are welcome and if the winners could send me their addresses, I'll send the remaining books (and video) out. After this date, the regular auction will be in support of this site and the New Worlds Authors Fund.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• Barbarigma
      Moonbeam Traveller
      • Nov 2004

Indian Ocean Catastrophe Relief Auction

I'll bid US$100 for The Sailor on the Seas of Fate, if it is still on the block.

Sorry for the late bid - was interested the first time it was up, but waited too long, so bid time expired. Thanks for listing it again.

Comment

• VonWeiner
        Eternally Confused
        • Jan 2004

I don't have any cash to bid with at the moment, but I am interested in helping by putting an item up for auction. It is one of my most treasured books, but I think this cause is far greater than my love for a dusty old book.

I will auction off my 1st edition Stormbringer (signed), HB, 1965 Herbert Jenkins Publisher, London. I don't have the dust jacket but it is in great condition (got it from Jayde Design).

Not sure how to go about doing this, so maybe Berry can give me some guidance.
        When they had advanced together to meet on common
        ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
        and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
        each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
        mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
        killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

• Whiskers
          flying cat
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by VonWeiner
          Not sure how to go about doing this, so maybe Berry can give me some guidance.
          VW, we'll make arrangements with you with all due haste. You'll have details from me within the next day or so. Very busy ATM, but won't neglect this generous offer.
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

• VonWeiner
            Eternally Confused
            • Jan 2004

Thanks Berry. I look forward to hearing from you

:D

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
              Site Host
              • Dec 2003

That's incredibly generous, VW. I'll bid fifty quid. But I don't think you should be making that sort of sacrifice, so if there's something I can substitute for what you're offering I'd like to do that.

The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
              Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
              Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• VonWeiner
                Eternally Confused
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                That's incredibly generous, VW. I'll bid fifty quid. But I don't think you should be making that sort of sacrifice, so if there's something I can substitute for what you're offering I'd like to do that.
                Oh not much of a sacrifice compared to what some others in the world have lost. I would love to help, but if you think I should hold off on the offer, maybe I can make a donation to the charity and you can substitute some item.

I want to help though. I do think my book could get a nice donation.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

• DeeCrowSeer
                  Eternal Champion
                  • Feb 2004

Unfortunately I can't bid on any of the books either, but I would like to help... so (if it isn't too much of a headache for Berry, and if anyone is interested) I'd like to offer my services as a cartoonist for auction.

If someone out there wants a custom piece of artwork, then I'd be happy to work something up for them... obviously the nature and form of the piece would depend on the bidder's needs (Website mascot? Band poster? Celebrity portrait?), but I can't go any bigger than A4 really, and whatever I do will be similar in style and quality to the work on my site.

Not sure how tempting that sounds, but the offer's there. :D
                  "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

• VonWeiner
                    Eternally Confused
                    • Jan 2004

In case there is any confusion, I would still like to offer my book.

And thanks for your generous offer Michael, but I think that the feeling I get when I hold the book will be outwieghed by the good feelings I'll have by doing something charitable with it.

So Berry, could you contact me with any suggestions on how I should do this? - when you get the chance.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
                      Site Host
                      • Dec 2003

Got to say here that Dee's work is highly professional and very good indeed!
                      I don't known VW. Your contribution is incredibly generous and I suspect I'm not the only one who would want you to keep the book.

Comment

• DeeCrowSeer
                        Eternal Champion
                        • Feb 2004

Got to say here that Dee's work is highly professional and very good indeed!
                        Thank you Mr M, that means a great deal to me... especially considering some of the astounding artists you have worked with over the years (and continue to work with, of course).

Berry and I are thrashing out the details of the "lot" as I type this, so... um... happy bidding everyone!
                        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

• VonWeiner
                          Eternally Confused
                          • Jan 2004

I don't known VW. Your contribution is incredibly generous and I suspect I'm not the only one who would want you to keep the book.
                          Well, I guess I'll hold on to it then and make a small donation when I can.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

• PsychicWarVeteran
                            Flesh Bag of Mostly Water
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MJR
                            Dee...I agree...your stuff is great!

I have a photograph of Lisa and myself I would love to have a custom 'DeeCrowSeer' of. Sounds like this is the opportunity.

$50 USD bid to Womankind Worldwide for this?
                            As a proud owner of a D. Crosier original, I can say with certaintly you won't be disappointed, MJR. I can soundly vouch for Dee's abilities and professionalism. At the risk of coming off sounding sappy, the piece I have -- a rendering of Elric, of course -- is one of my most cherished pieces of art.

Hmm, it seems you have a market in the states, Dee.
                            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Working...
                            X