Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Indian Ocean Catastrophe Relief Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Ocean Catastrophe Relief Auction

Friends,

MWM announces our Indian Ocean Catastrophe Relief Auction where Michael Moorcock offers rare mint and near mint condition books from his private stock. The proceeds of each book auctioned are to be donated to Womankind Worldwide.

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    I should add that Womankind works in all those areas hit by the tsunami and will continue to do so.
    For more information about WW please visit http://www.womankind.org.uk/ where you will learn all about the organization.

You can help the auction of these books by sending emails to all those you know who have an interest in the books as well as interest in helping WW. Futhermore, it's time we harnessed the power of forums, bulletin boards, blogs and media. Send this address to EVERYONE - [broken link] - including, newspapers, radio shows, television, publishers and any other medium you can reach. Spread the word.

To bid, post a message with your bid on the specific item in the auction you wish to win.

All members of the public are welcome to bid.

Please visit the Womankind Worldwide web site to make your contribution. The auction winner will provide the equivalent of $7.00 US shipping and handling. Please post your bid as a message in this thread. Once you have made your contribution, make arrangements with me to get a copy of your receipt to Mr. Moorcock who will then send your auction item to you.

$5.00 is the minimum bid increment. Any fraction of a dollar will be rounded up or down to the nearest five dollar increment. Please make your bids in US dollars, but the equivalent amount in your local currency can be paid. For those of you outside of the US, please convert your bid from your currency to US dollars using this online conversion tool: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency and thanks for working with us on this.

Michael Moorcock is offering custom autographs to the winning bid. The winner will be contacted via email to get your mailing address. You don't have to post it here. If you have questions, please contact me via the Feedback link.

Originally posted by Up For Bid
    TBA
    Originally posted by To Be Auctioned
    TBA
    Originally posted by Winning Bids
    Barbarigma takes THE NATURE OF THE CATASTROPHE, First Edition, Hutchinson, 1971. Fine in d/w. This contains material not in the New Nature of the Catastrophe and includes the Mal Dean comic strip at the opening bid of $50 US. Hats off for the contribution!

Marc Roth nabs a full-colour A4 (210 x 297mm) computer print of a hand drawn (but digitally coloured) image by Duncan Crosier for $50 US. Mounted on thin textured card. The bidder can choose any existing subject for the picture, but it should really be a cartoon "portrait" or character study (no landscapes, mecha, etc.). Although I'll stretch that definition to include Moorcock books covers. No more than five main figures, and there must be reference images available. Signed by the artist. Artist retains copyright. Thanks to you both for the contributions!

VHS of Hawkind The Chronicle of the Black Sword, live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1985 goes to Ken Boorman for $75 US. Thanks a bunch Ken!

ELRIC: THE DREAMING CITY (Marvel Graphic Novel No. 2) 1982? by Roy Thomas and P.Craig Russell, boards as issued, New York. LEtranger grabs this one at a generous $85. Thank you LEtranger!

Barbarigma's bid of $100 was post auction and we decided to accept the offer despite being out of the timeframe. This seems fair since there were no bids for longer than 3 weeks. THE SAILOR ON THE SEAS OF FATE, 1976, Quartet Books, London, jacket by Patrick Woodruffe
    Douthwaite, 1976, Allison and Busby, London, jacket by Richard Glynn Jones. We are very happy that you bid on this piece and hope you enjoy it.

PsychicWarVeteran gets BEHOLD THE MAN, 1969, Allison and Busby, London, jacket by Gabe Nasemann at $150. Thanks so much for your generous contribution PWV.

Perdix's $190 US (rounded down) wins THE LIVES AND TIMES OF JERRY CORNELIUS, illustrated by Mal Dean, Richard Glyn Jones and Harry. Wonderful of you to bid so high.

MJR's bid for THE LAUGHTER OF CARTHAGE, 1984, Secker and Warburg, London, jacket courtesy Radio Times Hulton Picture Library was the winning bid at $100 US. Many thanks MJR for your generous bid.
    At least one person has expressed an interest in donating an item for auction and we think that's a great idea. If you have an item you wish to offer for auction, please post in this thread to make arrangements.

Also, iteams feasible for you to bid on items before they make it onto the digital auction block, so don't be inhibited to place a bid.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-22-2010, 08:11 AM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Dee...I agree...your stuff is great!

I have a photograph of Lisa and myself I would love to have a custom 'DeeCrowSeer' of. Sounds like this is the opportunity.

$50 USD bid to Womankind Worldwide for this? :mrgreen:
    \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

Um... sorry to be a nuisance, but "my" auction has closed now, yes? I don't wish to sound impatient but my father has stated his intention to open our computer up and cast his retired-radio-engineer's eye over its innards. I don't really rate its chances of surviving such an intrusion, so I'm not sure how much longer I will have access to the scanner and art programme required... :(
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I leave it to Dee and Marc to resolve the transaction. Thanks for the generous donation and contribution.
        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I would very happily like to report the safe arrival of the comic ELRIC: THE DREAMING CITY.

THANKS VERY MUCH!
          I am glad to have it. It is a remarkable piece and an incredible example of the differences in comic style of then and today. Fascinating how things evolve. And in any case awesome to see the different artists' interpretations of your creations like Elric!

I liked the wrapping, too!
          L'E
          Google ergo sum

Comment

No, it is ME who has to thank you for your generosity to auction these precious editions, I, like the rest of the auction winners, happily profit thereof.

I tip my hat, and I think you know which one ...
            :lol:
            L'Etranger
            Google ergo sum

Comment

I should, somewhat belatedly, like to tell everyone that 'The Lives & Times of JC' arrived, splendidly personalised. Heaps of thanks to MM and all those involved in organising this worthy auction. :)

Comment

Indian Ocean Catastrophe Relief Auction

It doesn't appear that anyone has bid on "The Nature of Catastrophe" yet, so I'll start things off with the opening bid of $50 US.

Comment

I'm actually still waiting for the VHS of Hawkind The Chronicle of the Black Sword. Did you get my letter Mike, with proof of my donation?

Ken
                  Ken Boorman
                  Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Yes -- and many thanks, Ken.
                    I've had so many runs to doctors and clinics in the last couple of weeks that I'm way behind with things I should be doing.
                    Very, very, very sorry!
                    Best,
                    Mike

Comment

Stormbringer
                      1965 Herbert Jenkins publisher (HC, 1st ed.)
                      cover illustration by James Cawthorn (magnificent)
                      slight wear overall
                      plasic-covered
                      custom-made fall-back cardboard box included (Harcourt bindery)
                      purchased online from Ullyses, U.K.

"if it must be done, let it be done well...."

Comment

to be auctioned

That last book is, as the subject indicates, to be auctioned. Sorry, no pics.

Comment

To the anonymous poster: The auction is over and we are no longer soliciting donations. Thanks.

Guy, that was a typo. It's sorted now.

Comment

Working...
                          X