Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Eco-friendly small-scale self-publicity masquerading as Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eco-friendly small-scale self-publicity masquerading as Art

Look. I know this is, like, really dumb, right, but I've just printed off one of my wee ickle eight-hundred word stories, laminated it, and 'published' it on a tree on Wimbledon Common! Snort! :lol: What a SCREAM. Course, anonymously. But I just had to tell someone...I mean, the only decent literature I've seen in this format is the 'Lost Dog' genre, some work by 'Planning Application' (a pseudonym, I'll be bound) and the 'Garage Sale' trilogy... :)

I'm going to do another one tomorrow and stick it up on a fence near Hampton Court Bridge...Hahaha! Today, SW19 and KT8 - tomorrow, THE WORLD! :twisted:

I'd like to put a poem on a long piece of ticker-tape and entwine it in a hedge, too. It's like disposable graffiti!

Yeah, OK. :oops:

No need for a :oops: , I say go for it!

I left a comic I'd drawn in a photo booth once, but I've never had the guts to do it again since. I'd like to leave them on trains, but I don't ride trains often enough to really get up any sort of system. There just isn't anywhere to sell such things around my town, so giving them away is pretty much the only option.

If I was ever left in charge of a shop, I'd go out of business in an hour because I'd be giving stock away in return for a smile or a poem. I'm pretty sure I was stoned in a previous life... or I've just had too many knocks on the head in this one.

Free the art!! Make feral art, send it back to the wild!!!
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

My God, sir! You've named it!

Feral Art!

Artis ferox!

You are a genius!

Right! I'll do the words. You do the pics. Yes?

I mean it. Mail me! :idea:

Comment

Go for it! A friend of mine self-published a metal music mag for several years and basically gave it away: local record stores eventually allowed him to place it in their freebie bins by the exits, and he'd send copies to the larger CD mail-order (later, Web-order) distros to include gratis in people's shipments. He became famous in the local metal scene and pretty well-known across the Web until he had to call it quits.

For a time, he was able to sell occasional adverts to record labels to help keep it going, but eventually it succumbed, and his efforts to convert it into a weekly subscription service failed. :(

Comment

Sounds good to me. :)

You want to venture into the exciting world of photocopied A5 fanzines, next.

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
            Feral Art!

Artis ferox!
            Yes! Ferret Art! Brilliant!

Wait... You said feral didn't you??? Oh well, carry on then...

I was hoping for ferrets...
            Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Yes, I have also just published a short poem on a male Polecat in Uttoxeter using Letraset. Mots a la mustelid, je crois... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kommando
                I was hoping for ferrets...
                A cry that will be heard across the globe on Christmas morning!

:( "Aw Mum, you got me a computer? I was hoping for ferrets..."

Comment

Mayhap I shall search around for some cool ferret images. A ferret avatar (particularly an albino) might just do the trick.
                  Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Originally posted by Kommando
                    A ferret avatar (particularly an albino) might just do the trick.
                    Well, if you hadn't been so mean about Perdix's new avatar, I might have drawn you one... you meanie, you.

Comment

It wasn't intentional meanness. :( I just shocked at Perdix' transformation. The mousie thing, well. I grew up with cats. Really - last week I visited my mother and played with her cats for several hours until they finally got hungry and sleepy.

Comment

Well, just give me a cut of the Moonbeam Bagel money and we'll say no more about it... I think twenty-two percent sounds fair, yes? :)

Comment

Hmm - Moonbeam Bagel Hut! I like the sound of that. Your definitely in, after all not all patrons would take kindly to being served by a ferret. Just watch out for that Arioch fellow, he always tries to pay his bills using souls of the damned. You have any idea how bad the exchange rate is for those? Worse than Canadian dollars...

Comment

Bagel Hut. :lol:

That's bound to catch on.

MacBagels?
                            Bagel King?

Mmm, not so much.

Comment

I have created an installation entitled Bagel on Lawn - phase A consisting of a conceptual dough product juxtposed to a horizontal plane of herbage, with counterpoising of an avian phagic platform. But a woodpigeon ate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X