Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

That questionare . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That questionare . . .

Anyone remember that questionare that had a ton of ..questions.. for people to fill out so other forum members could get a bit of an ide on the other people they are sharing a forum with?

Anyone remember one of the last questions that asked about what type of car youd own if you could? Im sure most dont remember who answered what but heres an example that some people do fill those things out truthfully.

I answered that question stating that I wanted a Gran Torino from the TV show Starsky and Hutch. Well . . . I woke up and smelled reality one day and realized that an actual production car from the TV series was just out of my reach financially (yes several of them ARE still around in the tender hands of collectors and ones been up for sale for awhile now) . . . I looked to the next best thing . . . a 'Replica' . . . And Augest 12th my Replica was delivered to me via flatbed after a journey that started in Washington state and ended in my driveway in Florida.

I am the very proud owner of a 1974 Ford Gran Torino Starsky and Hutch Replica. ^_^ A 30 year dream come true. And Im also proud to say that a broker for Movie Mikes movie Tomato (thats the guy who built the Gran Torino(s) for that horrid excuse of a S&H movie this past summer....least the car was redone with some sort of decency) replicas has looked at my baby and considers it one of the most accurate replics in the hobby 8) And yes I got the police light, am about to pick up and install the siren and PA next month . . . 'updated' it just a tad and installed a front Wig Wag kit for the headlights. Ive also gotten replicas of the california tag that was on the car in the show ^_^ .. and yes...got a bomber jacket thats very close to Starskys and just ordered a replica sweater like the one hed wear in the show...hey got to have my 'driving jacket' when Im the Cruise and car shows on the weekends you know ^_^

If anyones interested I will be posting some pics fairly soon (couple of weeks) to show off my childhood dream.
    Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

. . . boy can I feel the love and sense of community here . . .
    Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Comment

I for one would love to see pix, Starscream.

I've considered buying an Opel GT...

...just so I can have a car that looks like a mini 'vette. :D

(If image is broken, link is http://www.cabrionews.de/katalog/opel/gt/gt.jpg)
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
        I for one would love to see pix, Starscream.

I've considered buying an Opel GT...

...just so I can have a car that looks like a mini 'vette. :D

(If image is broken, link is http://www.cabrionews.de/katalog/opel/gt/gt.jpg)
        Hi,
        Its been so long since Ive seen a Opel GT I can barely remembered what they look like. :P

Thanks for commenting you want to see some pics of Zebra3 . . . I plan on it getting some new pics of him pretty soon (and me in them) when he's complete. His tire size was off when I got him and I havent had a chance till now to get ready to take care of that. :oops:

I was hoping to get some replies here but no one ever did. I thought it was an /interesting(?)/ follow up on a questionare *shrug* Cause you see these questionares on line and you cant help but wonder how much of what the people answer with is really true you know. . . I answer them truthfully and was just posting a follow up on one of my answers ^_^ and was a bit surprised no one sid anything.

Ahh well, I haven't been here as much as I'd like to anyway but hopefully I can get caught up and start posting again.

Thanks ^_^

Comment

I wouldn't mind having something like Rally Vincent's SHelby Cobra

Comment

Aw, what do you guys know ... mine actually moves!!!!

Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by Kitsune
              I wouldn't mind having something like Rally Vincent's SHelby Cobra

DUDE, i have a ton of those ANi-Mayhem cards. I never even got to play it though. Its funny to see them again.

Comment

Working...
              X