Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The New York Cheaters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New York Cheaters!

I'm all for the Underdogs of the world.

WTF? is up with the richest team in baseball having to try to cheat their way to victory?

Yeah I'm talking about the "A. Rod intentionally knocking the ball free from the tag out at first base" incedent.

Yer out!!

Looks like they're gonna lose today at least. Yippie!
    \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
    Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Re: The New York Cheaters!

Originally posted by Jerico
    I'm all for the Underdogs of the world.

WTF? is up with the richest team in baseball having to try to cheat their way to victory?

Yeah I'm talking about the "A. Rod intentionally knocking the ball free from the tag out at first base" incedent.

Yer out!!

Looks like they're gonna lose today at least. Yippie!

Look, I am a Yankees fan, have been all my life, and I have to say your characterization is way off base. If anything, the Joe Torre Yankees have been known for their class and dignity whether winning or losing.

If you want to talk about dirty players, Pedro Martinez tops the list. He intentinonally throws at peoples heads, and the other night, he purposely hit and tried to injure ARod after D Jerter hit a 3 run double. Every time the Red Sox lose some steam, count on Pedro to hit somebody. It is the only thing that fires his team up. That and violence, like Veritek starting a fight with ARod earlier in the season.

And just how in blue heaven are the Red Sox underdogs? Before the series, Vegas had them winning. They have the 2nd highest payroll in the major leagues- $130 million. They play with the big boys- only their loser fans, made bitter by decades of losing when it counts the most, have made them into "underdogs".

If the Yankees lose tonight, I will tip my hat to the Sox for one of the greatest feats in the history of team sports, but don't go putting this garbage out there, because it is easy to find times when the Red Sox resort to less than ethical behavior. I'm sure you thought it was normal the other night when Orlando Cabrera not only tried to take out Miguel Cairo on his slide (okay) but then came up and tried to tackle him (illegal)?

Lets keep the discourse rational and may the best team win.

Comment

Alright alright , DL!
      I'm not a baseball fan.
      That was my reaction to that play last night!

I didn't even see the whole game.

I want the Yankees to lose though!!!

May the better team win!

Peace, bro!
      :)
      \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"

Comment

guess who the better team is..... :lol:

way to go boston!

Comment

guess who the better team is..... :lol:

way to go boston!

Comment

I simply cannot tell you how happy I am that Alex Rodriguez will not be getting to go to the World Series. You'll recall he screwed Seattle Mariners fans royally a short while back.
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Go Sox!

Go Astros! Well, not so sure about Astros at this point...

Comment

Wow, something getting people more ryled up than politics.

Comment

Sometimes jubilation gets people killed. A cute college girl got killed in the Boston celebration. Don't know the details. Don't care.
                  It's stupid that things like that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerico
                    Sometimes jubilation gets people killed. A cute college girl got killed in the Boston celebration. Don't know the details. Don't care.
                    It's stupid that things like that happen.
                    Unfortunately, in this case, the details matter.

The police felt the crowd was out of control, and used "non-lethal" ammo
                    that discharges tear gas. They are trained to fire low. Unfortunately,
                    someone was firing head high (or she was really short), and the plastic
                    bullet went through her eye into the brain.

I'm not condoning the fans' over the top celebration, but the police are
                    extremely culpable in this case. Brings back memories of Kent State.

Ian
                    Diplomacy: The ability to tell someone to
                    go to hell so that they will look forward to
                    making the trip.

Comment

It's hard being a cop. I don't want to be one!

That said...

I believe I live in a city where the cops like to shoot people; that or just itchy trigger fingers.

There was a case where an old man, in his 70's if I recall correctly, who was unarmed was shot to death. and...

Working for the coroner's office for a brief stint, I retrieved a body where all 3 cops unloaded on the guy as he approached with a knife.

Did they have to make him human swiss cheese?
                      How about aim for the legs?

The crazy guy who drove an old National Guard tank through the street here in SD, running over everything was pretty much "executed" (cop shot him) after the tank got stuck on the freeway medium. He caused a lot of property damage, but I don't think anyone was killed. Did he have to get shot?

Who's right or wrong? Take it case by case I say.
                      The girl in this case died senselessly no matter that she wasn't trampled, but hit by a "riot control bead." I'd say it's more people's fault that they have to act like idiots because of a stupid sports game, not some cop shooting a normally non-leathal weapon into a crowd and not aiming at any one person.
                      Sports isn't important at all when you weigh it against a lot of things.

Comment

Working...
                      X