Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

US phone directory / kindly help out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US phone directory / kindly help out

Hi, could I ask you in the US to tell me which online phone directory is free of charge and without a complicated registration process. It happens once every two and a half years that I need a number of a person there, and I don't want to subscribe and all that crap.
    Many thanks in advance
    L'Etranger
    Google ergo sum

www.whitepages.com

www.yellowpages.com

Try those. Ive never had to register.

Comment

Thanks, McT.
      I found all kinds of people thee, but the one I was lookinbg for, but he may have decided to drop out of sight after the "wiring Bush" affair ...
      (no, just joking )
      Thank you I'll bookmark the website.
      L'E
      Google ergo sum

Comment

L'E, give me a name and city and I would be more than happy to call directory assistance here in the States for you. That way, I can talk to an operator and ask questions -- have them look at more than one name, city, etc. I used to do credit card fraud investigation, so I'm quite adept at finding people... or at least, I used to be.
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

PWV, very kind offer. Just spoked to the man a few minutes ago, though, as I remember what Tampa company he worked for eight years ago. The compny I found and so also him.
          Next time I'll ask you, however. :D
          Google ergo sum

Comment

Cool. Glad you were able to locate him. Hopefully he was also glad you located him... :lol:
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
              Cool. Glad you were able to locate him. Hopefully he was also glad you located him... :lol:
              Well, about two minutes into the conversation he asked if I could lend him money! I payed him a lot of attention, instead.
              Google ergo sum

Comment

My father-in-law asks to borrow money a lot. Just a few weeks ago he asked to borrow 5,000 bucks so he didnt lose his house. (It would help if he actually paid hi8s mortgage...) I said no, but then realized he would be living with me if he lost his house. I had to take a loan out for him. The bastard. I know im not gonna get paid back for like 3 years now.

Comment

Working...
                X