Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A little translation needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little translation needed...

Sorry to waste everyone's time with this, but Babelfish has failed me, and I'd really be curious to know what the following actually means in English:

Lors de la Nuit Blanche (Du 2 au 3 octobre 2004), Ludivine sera en ligne directe sur le 711 d'Orange (mobile) pour guider les Franأ§ais sur ses traces (Elle dأ©crira son parcours, que l'on pourra أ©couter au 711 sur tous les mobiles Orange). On pourra, cette nuit, la retrouver en images sur: www.soundwalks.com/nuitblanche
    Merci.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Re: A little translation needed...

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
    Sorry to waste everyone's time with this, but Babelfish has failed me, and I'd really be curious to know what the following actually means in English:

Lors de la Nuit Blanche (Du 2 au 3 octobre 2004), Ludivine sera en ligne directe sur le 711 d'Orange (mobile) pour guider les Franأ§ais sur ses traces (Elle dأ©crira son parcours, que l'on pourra أ©couter au 711 sur tous les mobiles Orange). On pourra, cette nuit, la retrouver en images sur: www.soundwalks.com/nuitblanche
    Merci.
    Well, D, here goes:

"During the 'White Night' (from Oct 2nd to 3rd) Ludivine will be "live" on the phones Orange (number is obviously 711) to put the French people on her tracks (She will describe her course that you can hear on 711 with all Orange cell-phones). And one will be able to see her in pictures on www.soundwalks.com/nuitblanche that night."

A hide-and-seek game through with a celeb to make them use their mobiles, obviously. Notify me if they do that with Isabelle Huppert! Or "La Tautou".

Tonight, my friend ...!
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Thank you for that, L'E.

What a strange idea for a night out... they don't even specify that you'll actually get to meet the celebrity, do they? There might be a covenient lag so you arrive at the last location just in time to see her bundled into a limousine by burly security guards. :(

Apologies for giving free advertising to a stinky mobile phone company. Other service providers are available.
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Working...
      X