Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

UK Get-Together, Saturday 18 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Get-Together, Saturday 18 September

For anyone wishing to contribute to the 'Most Travelled Moorcock Book' project from the UK, a few of us have planned to meet up in London this weekend. The plan so far is to meet up at London Euston and, when all are present, head off to a pub so that everyone can sign the book before it heads over to Europe.

Also, you could get drunk at the same time, if you like, although it isn't mandatory.

Thanks. See you there! :)
    Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

I'll be there in spirit, Bob. Unfortunately, my spirit has a hard time manipulating writing utensils... :roll:
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Don't worry, pal. After a short spell in Europe, the book will be making it's way over to you.

Just hope you don't feel we cut you out, but I'm sure you understand that it makes more sense this way. :)
      Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

MIKE, JUST DON'T READ THIS! I'M SERIOUS!

For all to understand what went on so far:
        We started sending round a book of MM's that collects miles and miles and miles before it finally gets back to its author on his 65th birthday as a present with lots of signatures. It already was in Canada and even Australia. Currently it is in UK where Bob and others plan a "sign-in" with possible collateral damage to the liver, then it is supposed to go on to Hungary, next to Turkey and Italy where MWM members await it to send it to the US where PWV qand others are expecting it. Knowing how much Mike liked Sweden and the North I feel a little sorry none of the Scandinavian Moorcockistas have joined the "conspiracy" yet.
        Best,
        L'Etranger

(Funny Bob in Uk sending it over to "Europe", a world apart. )
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Well, no doubt my fellow get-togetherers are sleeping off the absinthe, or perhaps they're still "entertaining" the many admirers we picked up as we paraded down Oxford Street in all our finery! In their absence I will just list a few of my personal highlights from yesterday:

- Slow-dancing with Una Persson to Massive Attack in Chinatown.

- Bob discovering the rarest Moorocock book in the world... a book so rare I can't even name it on this forum for fear that rabid collectors will tear our code apart to track him down.

- Chancing upon a Dolly Parton remake of Magnolia.

- Being savagely thrown into a rubbish-filled skip for suggesting that Elric wasn't my favourite EC incarnation.

- Affirming our loyalty to Amelie in Borders with a messy and gruelling blood ritual.

- Seeing the Queen "flip the bird" at us while roaring past on her gold-plated Harley.

- Being barred at every turn by an 18 metre long bus with coils like a metal snake. Eventually we were forced to slay the beast and feast upon her oily gibblets.

- Revealing the sad history of inbreeding that has blighted my village for many centuries. Fact.

- Hiring a much-less attractive person to pose as me in the photographs which may appear somewhere on this forum.

- Ooh, and deciding to throw a spanner in the works of this whole world travellin' book idea by claiming it for ourselves, in the name of the Great British Empire!!!

No doubt, you are all wishing you could have been there to see these marvels for yourselves. I pity you.

D...

PS. Some of the above may not be true... well, not in this world anyway.
          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Absinthe?! You told me that was Mountain Dew!!!

Also, since when is a scrunched up ticket bouncing off your head turned into "being savagely thrown into a rubbish-filled skip".

Everyone take note: for a guy who claims he is no fun at all and only capable of occasional wit, our Dee is a damn great guy. Much fun had all round!

Next year, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
              Also, since when is a scrunched up ticket bouncing off your head turned into "being savagely thrown into a rubbish-filled skip".
              Are you suggesting that I embroidered the truth? I'm shocked, stunned, etc.

For the record, Cypher and Bob were fantastic guides, and made me feel very much at home in a city that is often quite intimidating. Of course, one has to overlook Bob's occasional threats to "kill all the humans", but nobody's perfect!

Once the film drops, we could well be the founders of a mighty army... we might even be able to track a bus back to the nest and destroy their eggs once and for all. Perfectly innocent goblets of "mountain dew" for everyone!

D...
              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                Absinthe?! You told me that was Mountain Dew!!!
                Perhaps that was Duncan's private stock?

Everyone take note: for a guy who claims he is no fun at all and only capable of occasional wit, our Dee is a damn great guy. Much fun had all round!
                It's an old trick: setting your expectations low. He wasn't fooling anyone.

Next year, anyone?
                In San Francisco or Paris? Calais is cheating; with the
                Chunnel, it's practically a banlieu of London now. Or perhaps
                Mأ¼nchen to permit L'Etranger to rendezvous.

It would be interesting to contemplate Duncan's reaction to making
                a journey that far, given his qualms about this one. Worst case of
                railway anxiety I've seen in a while. :lol:

LSN

Comment

Ahoy!

Just got back from London, and my head is still hurting from the "mountain dew". I noticed I posted earlier, but I don't seem to remember doing so.

Dee, what did you put in that stuff?!

Comment

Working...
                  X