Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

THE FANTASY AND SCI FI QUIZ TRAIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yisselda
    replied
    So no-one knows. Oh well, The answers Sunshine its got no official name.Just called Golden Unicorn.

Another one

What is the name of the jewel that sparhawkk and friends go a questingg for in the Elenium?
    A clue, It looks like a rose and it is the only thing to cure Elhana.

Someones got to know this one!

Leave a comment:

• Yisselda
    replied
    A clue It comes from the sky , is nice and warm and is from the big orb/s that shine by day in glory of thier own and lent light to the Moon/s at night

Leave a comment:

• Yisselda
    replied
    Five

What do the soldiers call the golden mechanical unicorn in Tanith Lees Golden Unicorn?

Leave a comment:

• Cypher
    replied
    Stingray is the answer :D But now I have that terrible theme song 'Aqua Marina' stuck in my head!

Q. How many 'sons' Did Jeff Tracey of International Rescue (Thunderbirds) have?

Leave a comment:

• Yisselda
    replied
    4 3 6 7 or 9 I d say 5 43 or 7 or 0 or 1 2 more surely

In which Jerry anderson puppet series does TROY TEMPEST AND MARINA belong??????????!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Alien Toes

In the Aliens films, how many "toes" does an Alien have?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    CHOAM

Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles

Leave a comment:

• MasterGrazzt
    replied
    Virginia.

Okay, my turn. In Dune, what does CHOAM stand for?

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    "The Silver Locusts"

Keeping with a Martian theme... In Edgar Rice Burroughs' "John Carter of Mars" series, what is John Carter's home state on Earth?

Leave a comment:

• Typhoid_Mary
    replied
    The name of the sword is Tyrfing.

OK! What was The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury initially titled in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• Grey Mouser
    replied
    Bane put Batman in a wheelchair in the storyline 'Broken Bat'

Re Spidey I reckon you're spot on...

Never before had an important supporting character met such a pointless death. Even in the pre-Comic Code days, when murder and mayhem were regular occurrences on the comic page, no comic writer would arbitrarily kill off a supporting character without just cause, especially one who had been as much a part of the main hero's life as Gwen was. In 1973, after nearly two decades of an imposed zero-violence policy forbidding such a thing, her death seemed almost too unreal for fans to believe, many of whom no doubt hoped it was all just a bad dream, and Spider-Man would wake up in the next issue, happy and carefree.

But it wasn't a dream, or a hoax, or an imaginary story. Artist and co-plotter John Romita explained at the time that Gwen was killed to shake the readers up. If everything in a hero's life returns to the status quo at the end of each issue, then there's no suspense in the storyline.
    My question is: what is the name of the sword in The Broken Sword by Poul Anderson?

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    The Green Goblin killed Gwen and it was Norman Osborne behind the mask at that time. As far as the artist... damn... it was so long ago... I'm going to guess John Romita, Sr. though I am not absolutely certain on that. The extra points don't mean anything anyway, so...

What was the name of the criminal who put Batman in a wheelchair?

Bonus points: What was the name of the storyline?

Leave a comment:

• Grey Mouser
    replied
    Mary, would that be: James Bolivar ("Slippery Jim") diGriz :)

Hope I'm right there. Well since I missed answering the Spidey question posed by Psychic I guess I get to ask one instead. (don't want to hog the thread with Spidey, but I can't resist it :twisted: )

Q: Which famous Spiderman villain killed Gwen Stacey?

For bonus points (Who's Line is it Anyway Style - this bit is for Psychic 8) ): Who was behind the mask of the villain? And for treble bonus (also for Psychic) which Marvel artist was drawing Spidey at the time? :P

Leave a comment:

• Typhoid_Mary
    replied
    Spidey's first girlfriend was BETTY BRANT! She was J. Jonah Jameson's secretary at the Daily Bugle.

OK, what is the Stainless Steel Rat's real name, in full?

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Originally posted by yolanda
    WHO IS DAREDEVILS GIRLFRIEND?
    As far as I recall, Daredevil's girl was Greek beauty Elektra Natchios. I remember the cover with Daredevil all crying and hugging Elektra's headstone in the snow...

Sticking to the topic of superhero girlfriends, here's one: WHO WAS PETER PARKER'S VERY FIRST GIRLFRIEND? Bonus points if you can tell us her occupation.

Hint: We're talking before Mary Jane and even before Gwen Stacy.

Hope this isn't what you'd consider 'fanboy', yolanda! :) Big Spidey fan here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X