Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hey all! I'm baaa-ack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all! I'm baaa-ack!

Ugh! What an annoying couple weeks I've had. On June 23rd I left my home in MN to move back down to Las Vegas, NV. It was a long annoying drive, that I was originally going to break up by swinging down to Bastrop, TX to visit my brother and his family but by the time I left (I was running two days late) I decided just to cut stright to Vegas. I was hoping to have internet connection when I first got here as I'm staying with a friend and his family. But, of course...they had fried their computer. So, I've spent the last couple weeks off and on trouble shooting it. Finally I told them they just need to replace all the major components...Motherboard, CPU, HardDrive, and Video Card...because all of their old ones were completely fried. Get this...they built the computer themselves...and they aren't exactly computer techs...When I took out the old Motherboard, I instantly saw the problem...they didn't put the brass posts under the motherboard. You know, the ones that hold the motherboard off the metal back of the case. Yeah, no wonder nothing worked!

So, to make a long story short, I rebuilt their computer and now I'm back.

I'll fill you all in more in a little bit...right now my mate, Jordan, needs to use the computer (I new I should've brought my switch with me when I moved, then I could just be on my computer while he's on his...soon).
    "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
    --Thomas a Kempis

Welcome back Everking. Looks like you had an eventfull time during your abscence. 8O

Comment

Minnesota to Vegas and computer issues. No fun for you. It makes you realize how much you take for granted when you're settled into a place.

Welcome back.

Comment

So you are saying your profile should now read
        LV, NV ... er .. rather... Sin City, Where eveything you do stays ? :?:
        \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
        Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

haha, yeah...what happens here, stays here.

that's for the reminder, I'll have to get that changed.
          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Working...
          X