Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Took a vacation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took a vacation.

Yeah, I've been gone.

I went to Hatteras NC for a week with my girlfriend and her family. It was great. A little odd... being away from Multiverse and all my usual habits... but I survived (and am better for it).

Had a bit of an adventure that I might share. But I'll have to ask Berry first, just to see how politically correct he wants to keep the site. Don't want to inadvertantly make people think that Multiverse supports something that would ruin our image.

More later.

Thanos

Welcome back Thanos! Notice I took advantage of your absence to overtake your post count :twisted:

Comment

Oddly enough, I, too, just got back from a week in NC.

Maybe Thanos and I are one and the same :?:

Comment

And now Deep Thoughts by J. Jerico...

I seem to average one true vacation per decade.
        My second to last vacation was an approximate 10 days in Greensborough, NC staying with my kissin cousin. It was 1997, my senior year at university.
        It was a long time for me. The trees and greenery is beautiful out there. We went to this place called Chimney Rock Park.

http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/

Even though I brought my walkman and plenty of my rock n' roll tapes with me - some ultra-heavy, some weird, some mellow, but deep and dark, but still I began to feel unlike myself, and getting out of touch with who I really am, partially by listening to all the lovey-dovey music she played while on car drives.
        One time I did the driving and I poped in my Smashing Pumpkins tape. Later she said that she could probably get into some of my music. :)

If anyone wants to torture and destroy me-- tie me up, and duct tape some headphones on me and play R&B love songs continuously. At some point I'm pretty sure I'll start convulsing and die.

THE END
        \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
        Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Welcome back, Thanos.

Comment

Working...
          X