Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Gathering Art for the Gallery and Moorcockopedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gathering Art for the Gallery and Moorcockopedia

We're gathering art for the Gallery and Moorcockopedia. Post a reply here if you give permission for your art to be used for this project and provide a link to the site where your art may be found. You needn't do any more, folks; it's that easy. I'll fetch it from your site and upload it into the gallery when it is ready. I can't promise that every single piece of art will be used for sure-- I'm just the gatherer. But I imagine nearly everything will be used. We have really good artists here.

:D

M-B
    WWED -- What Would Elric Do?

Well, if you want any of it, you're more than welcome to my stuff... although with all of the gorgeous painted work I've seen on display in this thread, I won't be too disappointed if you skip me!

For ease of clicking:

http://uk.geocities.com/deecrowseer/deeceeMCK.html

D...
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Thanks, Dee. I've "nabbed" 'em and tucked them in a folder with your name on it.

I think it will be great if there is a wide representation of artistic styles. MM's writings have inspired so many artists over decades-- artwork based on his books has been done in every artform and media: oil, acrylic, watercolour, pen and ink, pencil, pastel, coloured pencil, airbrush, sculpture, computer art and even pipe cleaners! I was at a sci-fi/fantasy convention about 16 years ago and one of the hucksters had a little Elric made entirely out of pipe cleaners.

You have some characters that I haven't seen illustrations of. A quick search on the 'net gets me dozens of Elrics and Corums, which is great, but you have some that I haven't seen anywhere else. If we have a picture for every entry in the Moorcockopedia, we'll need representations of all the characters (and swords, runestaffs, gods, &c.)

Comment

You are free to grab my image from the "My First Elric in Years" post. I am afraid all my old Elric stuff is packed away, not online. There must be hundreds of pages stashed away somewhere.

Comment

Go ahead and grab my "Entropy Meal" image from here:

[broken link]

It looks like I might be working on this project, too, Marie-Bernadette, though I haven't gotten all the specifics from Berry yet...
          Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 08:47 AM.
          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by Marie-Bernadette
            Thanks, Dee. You have some characters that I haven't seen illustrations of. A quick search on the 'net gets me dozens of Elrics and Corums, which is great, but you have some that I haven't seen anywhere else. If we have a picture for every entry in the Moorcockopedia, we'll need representations of all the characters
            Well, I once had a fortune cookie that read: "Either be first, best, or different" and I've always gone with the latter option. If there's anything obscure you need a drawing of, and have a vague description for me to work with, I'd be happy to knock it up for you. (It sounds like I'm being altruistic and helpful, but it's EGO all the way) :twisted:

Good luck with the gallery!

D...

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
              Originally posted by Marie-Bernadette
              Thanks, Dee. You have some characters that I haven't seen illustrations of. A quick search on the 'net gets me dozens of Elrics and Corums, which is great, but you have some that I haven't seen anywhere else. If we have a picture for every entry in the Moorcockopedia, we'll need representations of all the characters
              Well, I once had a fortune cookie that read: "Either be first, best, or different" and I've always gone with the latter option. If there's anything obscure you need a drawing of, and have a vague description for me to work with, I'd be happy to knock it up for you. (It sounds like I'm being altruistic and helpful, but it's EGO all the way) :twisted:

Good luck with the gallery!

D...
              Well, D, we are 2 of 3 who have avatars that resemble our likenesses.

"Let go my EGgO."
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Dee's Fortune Cookie
                "Either be first, best, or different"
                One could philosophically argue that being "first" is the same as being "different", and vice-versa.

And then, I guess being "best" would also be the same as being "different"...

Hey! That dumb Fortune Cookie didn't actually say anything at all! :P

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                  Hey! That dumb Fortune Cookie didn't actually say anything at all! :P
                  First it was my taste in short, brunette actresses, now everyone's got a problem with my cookies! So this is how it feels to be a tortured artist... :(

[Dee slouches off to buy a black poloneck and practice looking "intense" in coffee shops, whilst steadfastly refusing to surrender the sofa]

Comment

Hey, Dee, it's not as bad as it seems, my friend...

From the "Fortune Cookies You Don't Want To Get" File:

Comment

feel free to use the picture I posted under "Elric pic".

-erik

Comment

Marie-Bernadette:

Will you grab worthy images from my "Krunky's Desktop Images" thread on your own, or do you want a heads up here too?

I ask because I have such a lot of good ones coming up...certainly some will be pleased.

Is cross-posting between threads possible? I never thought about it before...

Comment

I laughed so hard I damn near fell out of my chair when I saw the "entropy meal"! I missed that thread before. "That wasn't chicken" is good, too.

Erik, I like your Elric! I noticed PWV posted that he would collect it for the Gallery, so I'll let him upload that one.

Krunky, where is your "Krunky's Desktop Images" thread? You could post a link to the thread here or e-mail me with a link or the images at [email protected], and I'll upload them into the Gallery.

Comment

Here's a link:
                            [broken link]

But I guess PWV said he was swiping my desktop images anyway, so it looks like you needn't trouble yourself. I'd say over half the stuff I have posted so far was Moorcock related.

Anyway, I'm easy about it. I'll just keep doing my thing and y'all can keep doing yours. Eventually your archive will overtake me when I run out of material. I'll have nothing Moorcock related left to post as a destop image, and it will all be archived thanks to PWV...
                            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by krunky
                              But I guess PWV said he was swiping my desktop images anyway...I'll have nothing Moorcock related left to post as a destop image, and it will all be archived thanks to PWV...
                              *lowers head and sheepishly shifts the dirt with the toe of his shoe*
                              I know, I know, I KNOW! I shoulda asked you first! Can you ever forgive me, krunky?

Comment

Working...
                              X